Topper color/colour (1 Viewer)

Whiteside

Pair
Reaction score
I've decided to get myself a table topper (the giant mouse-mat type) but what colour would you go for? For some reason I'm not favouring the obvious green, and red seems a little too intense for a night at the table. Blue or black then?

I'm also thinking of my chips - a set of 1, 5, 25 and 100 Terrible's - and how they might look. My concern is that the 25s will get lost on a green topper and maybe everything would look best on blue or black.

I have a red one, and the colour is quite vibrant.

I have seen the four "standard colours and seriously doubt ANY of them will give you issues with cards or chips "disappearing" into the background of the pad.

Are they actually fairly waterproof too? My games tend to have pint glasses on the table and I've read that liquid can just be wiped away, but is that true? I'm trying to move away from having snacks on the table but that's mainly because of how much it disrupts the game as opposed to the damage to the tables/cards/chips.

I think blue is better without having seen your choices. I agree- The red I've seen looks really intense.

I think the black will also look "shinier" in patches than the blue as it gets worn and used.

Are they actually fairly waterproof too? My games tend to have pint glasses on the table and I've read that liquid can just be wiped away, but is that true? I'm trying to move away from having snacks on the table but that's mainly because of how much it disrupts the game as opposed to the damage to the tables/cards/chips.

No, the topper is porous neoprene sponge covered by thin cloth. It soaks up liquid, but it's pretty easy to soak it back out (with paper towel, etc.) and very easy to wash with a high-pressure hose and dry with a high-pressure air source (sometimes being a grooming shop owner has unexpected side benefits).

My CT topper is blue, but if I were to buy another one, it would be green. Nearly all of my card backs are red, blue, or yellow. I think black would show lint too easily. Or dog hair. :)

I hadn't really thought about how it would show dirt. I'm beginning to think blue might be best. I do use red/blue Modiano Platinum Acetates sometimes but that's a darker shade anyway, and the blue doesn't clash with any of my chips.

Been thinking about getting one of these too. Where have you guys bought yours from, I know there was the CT topper GB, but that's not available anymore.

Thanks

They're made by Brybelly I believe and Trademark Poker sell them. Fortunately for me someone in the UK has a small stock.

Thanks, just went to vegas supplies and they have a blue one. I think I will order one but it won't be here in time for this round of holidays but it should be for the next ones.

I have green, black, and red. In the lighting I have, the red is hard on my eyes. Regardless of color though, we've never had any trouble seeing chips, cards, or dealer buttons (not even black dealer buttons on the black topper). I think I'd get the color you think you will like. You aren't likely to go wrong. I have 4 and rotate through the colors, though I've gotten to where I hardly ever use the red. I have 2 green ones. If I got another one, I would get another black one. I'm not worried about dog hair, though I do have a big black dog. But I had a neoprene topper in green once that did get dog hair on it. It was a pain to remove.

I have a green one for my secondary table. I like it a lot and am very satisfied with it. I think the blue looks really sharp too.

I love a nice blue, not too dark. It has a color that pops better, and although red also pops, I personally find red annoying. Saw the blue on craps and blackjack felts and really love it, so liked it for my poker also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom