Took a shot at 1000nl today (1 Viewer)

2jzMk3

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey y’all,

So I took a shot at 1000nl on Bovada today. I mainly play 100nl and have been dabbling in 200nl. I thought I’d join a 1000nl table and fold a bunch just to see the level of play. After about an hour, I ended up +$40 which I would call break even given the stakes. Here is what i noticed:

-Every player was buying back to 1k as soon as they dipped below.
-Preflop, these guys are animals. Rarely was preflop not 3 or 4 bet.
-Level of play was heaps above 200nl.
-Practically no tanking. I’d say 90% of decisions were made within 5 seconds
-Blinds were defending religiously. Not as much stealing as I was expecting.

It didn’t take me long to know I did not belong at that table. Back to 100 and 200nl for me!

Curious if anyone here is a winning player at those stakes online?

Hey y’all,

So I took a shot at 1000nl on Bovada today. I mainly play 100nl and have been dabbling in 200nl. I thought I’d join a 1000nl table and fold a bunch just to see the level of play. After about an hour, I ended up +$40 which I would call break even given the stakes. Here is what i noticed:

-Every player was buying back to 1k as soon as they dipped below.
-Preflop, these guys are animals. Rarely was preflop not 3 or 4 bet.
-Level of play was heaps above 200nl.
-Practically no tanking. I’d say 90% of decisions were made within 5 seconds
-Blinds were defending religiously. Not as much stealing as I was expecting.

It didn’t take me long to know I did not belong at that table. Back to 100 and 200nl for me!

Curious if anyone here is a winning player at those stakes online?
Thanks for the post! Don't ever see myself playing these stakes so it's cool insight.

You can also watch online tables right? Could have been that particular table/players and maybe watching a few others for a bit will prove out if that was the case or not.

Thanks for the post! Don't ever see myself playing these stakes so it's cool insight.

You can also watch online tables right? Could have been that particular table/players and maybe watching a few others for a bit will prove out if that was the case or not.

I don’t think there is a way to watch tables on Bovada, but I could be wrong.

I do plan on taking a couple more shots at it. Likely on a Friday or Saturday to see if any crazy gamblers fill the tables up.

From my research, it’s hard to find anyone that doesn’t play for a living that has a winning graph at 1000nl over a large sample size in recent years.

Blinds 2/5 or 5/10?

$5/10

Are people not auto-rebuying/topping up at 100NL and 200NL on Bovada? That strikes me as very surprising.

Not a whole lot. The amount of folk who short-buy into 100nl games is ridiculous. Less so in 200nl but it’s still common. I don’t see too many people top up at those stakes, though.

Even 100nl and 200nl are usually full of crushers and are considering mid-high stakes. Most players grinding these stakes are probably 4-8+ tabling at a time. I know some professional live $5/10 and $10/20 grinders that play 100nl and 200nl and consider the online play to be tougher than live $5/10 in Vegas.

Even 100nl and 200nl are usually full of crushers and are considering mid-high stakes. Most players grinding these stakes are probably 4-8+ tabling at a time. I know some professional live $5/10 and $10/20 grinders that play 100nl and 200nl and consider the online play to be tougher than live $5/10 in Vegas.
so what you're saying is I should quit my job and start being a professional poker player...

Holdem is saturated it seems. It’s going to take another game becoming really popular, or maybe more than one game, to ever see even a glimpse of the glory days from 10-15 years ago.

My dream is that mixed games get more and more TV time and every holdem genius will give in to their poker ego and jump in too deep.

I disagree. There are so many bad casual players out there that won't go through the complicated steps of bitcoin and prepaid cards and all that to play on the internet. All it would take is legalizing it nationally and immediately the game would go right back to where it was on black Friday, if not softer thanks to the advent of mobile technology and smart phones.

Yeah, all the casuals still think online poker is illegal no doubt, with a couple states as exceptions. If they could still Neteller their way onto Party Poker, the games would get juicy quickly at the low end.

I disagree. There are so many bad casual players out there that won't go through the complicated steps of bitcoin and prepaid cards and all that to play on the internet. All it would take is legalizing it nationally and immediately the game would go right back to where it was on black Friday, if not softer thanks to the advent of mobile technology and smart phones.

I agree with you 100% on this. If it wasn’t for my background in cryptocurrency, I would have never been confident in depositing online. This is definitely the biggest barrier to the average person who likes poker to play online.

Yeah, all the casuals still think online poker is illegal no doubt, with a couple states as exceptions. If they could still Neteller their way onto Party Poker, the games would get juicy quickly at the low end.

Man I miss those days.

The barrier to entry is huge, so the real dead money rarely shows up online these days.

Even in a grey market like Canada it's a pain. Some banks completely block deposits leaving you to grab some visa/Mastercard gift cards and eat the fees. Then there's confirming your address etc. Not many are having a few beers and saying oh I feel like playing some poker, signing up for an account and playing that night.

The site I play on has stakes from .05/.10NL to big games with $3k buyins. The deposits/payouts are mostly on papypal and quick. You can observe tables and the admin requires photo IDs to verify your account belongs to ONE person, or rather that one person only has one account. :).

8A61B4DF-BCB6-411C-A931-33244B61B0FA.jpeg

The site I play on has stakes from .05/.10NL to big games with $3k buyins. The deposits/payouts are mostly on papypal and quick. You can observe tables and the admin requires photo IDs to verify your account belongs to ONE person, or rather that one person only has one account. :).

View attachment 285653
Lots of traffic? PLO?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom