Too many $1s in play ? (1 Viewer)

how many $1 chips should be in play for a perfect ratio.

• more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike mac

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
background info: i host a bi weekly game with a full table and a dealer who is paid by tips only. bank in play by mid game is about 4-6K

by mid game all 800 $1 chips are felted. some of my regulars complain about the amount of $1s in play ( too many)

8 racks of 1s
4 racks of fives
1 rack of 25s
1 rack of 100s.

what do you think? should i scale back the 1s ? i really love my 1s.

zaq.jpeg

What's the buyin stack? I design my sets for about 15 buyin stacks onto a 10 person table, then just use your big chips for additional buyins and let them make change. If you use a barrel in your start stack you get your 300 on the table.

I'd say 300, but honestly 200 should be plenty. But it depends how many if the Taj Mahal $1s you have. If you have 200 I'd do 200. If you have 300 I'd do 300.

For my 1/2 game (which admittedly plays a bit higher with sometimes getting 10-20k in play) I use 140-160. I think 100 is too few. 200 would be fine.

Seriously, 100 $1 is enough for $1/$2 game as dealer can always make change with his $1 but I don’t mind 150-200 $1

Anything over 200 $1 is over excessive but usually regular player will not be bother by extra chip and you know it’s over the line when even regular player is complaining about too many chips

Seriously, 100 $1 is enough for $1/$2 game as dealer can always make change with his $1 but I don’t mind 150-200 $1

Anything over 200 $1 is over excessive but usually regular player will not be bother by extra chip and you know it’s over the line when even regular player is complaining about too many chips
true lol

I can only imagine how messy counting out stacks would be if I had 800 small blind chips (fracs in my case) in play.
My players show no interest at all in stacking their chips in a cohesive manner.

I voted 200, but it depends where the dealer tips go. If they go in some sort of drop box, then 300-400 will probably be needed, but if they stay in the tray and the dealer can still access those chips that were given as tips, then 200 $1s should be plenty
ya his tips go in his cup holder , thats another thing i have to work on for him, a tip box of some sort.

imo a barrel per person is generally more than enough for your smallest chip. You can have more for fun and looks, but it's gotta slow the game down when someone is dragging a $100 pot half in ones right? Having a little extra for dealer tips is good though.

imo a barrel per person is generally more than enough for your smallest chip. You can have more for fun and looks, but it's gotta slow the game down when someone is dragging a $100 pot half in ones right? Having a little extra for dealer tips is good though.
im going to try 200 tonight and see, my dealer averages about 250 in tips per night so maybe this will help him make more too!!

im going to try 200 tonight and see, my dealer averages about 250 in tips per night so maybe this will help him make more too!!
I've heard it's customary for some dealers at homegames to color up their tips as soon as possible to pocket the bigger value chips and not make it seem like they have tons and tons of tipping chips in front of them.
This would keep the fewer $1s on the table and might help your dealer to make more in tips as well.

Just a suggestion from someone who has no expertise in that area since I haven't employed a dedicated dealer at my game yet.

I've heard it's customary for some dealers at homegames to color up their tips as soon as possible to pocket the bigger value chips and not make it seem like they have tons and tons of tipping chips in front of them.
This would keep the fewer $1s on the table and might help your dealer to make more in tips as well.

Just a suggestion from someone who has no expertise in that area since I haven't employed a dedicated dealer at my game yet.
ya he colors up. so we will see if this helps him , i will report back saturday when my hangover is gone lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom