Tommy Lasorda: Dodger Blue, Through and Through (1 Viewer)

Dodger

Flush
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to hear Tommy speak at a charity event when I was a kid. Great speaker with lots of stories to entertain and make you feel like you were born to play baseball.

The Dodgers, and all of baseball, will miss such a great personality next season and for years to come.

And, if you’re more inclined to read - https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/...nager-tom-lasorda-dies-at-age-93-heart-attack

Thanks for remembering Tommy, as a long time Dodger fan I can still remember him jumping up and down with both arms straight up in the air commIng out of the dugout after Gibby hit that sick walk off against the A’s. I have a ball signed by Tommy so I’ll always remember, he was the best manager in baseball in his prime and has been the spirit of the Dodgers for decades right along with Vin. Love the ring avatar.

Totally agree, the Dodger organization will have a difficult time finding another Tommy, he really was the ultimate Dodger fan, every game he could he would be in the owners box, a regular fixture and ever present link to the past. Very sad to see him go.

I have a signed ball as well from Lasorda. And you are right - him and Vin are the Dodgers! Grew up on those two guys and Chavez Ravine.

Agreed, I heard him speak in person once at an event I was at and he was an inspiration, after that I could easily imaging how he motivated those teams to work together and win the way he did.

Tommy Lasorda and his nephew Mike Piazza are from my area in the Philly suburbs. Tommy asked the Dodgers to draft Piazza in the 62nd round as a nice gesture. Well it turned out to be one of the best picks of all time! Lasorda was a staple in that Dodgers dugout for so many years and so many great teams.

him jumping up and down with both arms straight up in the air commIng out of the dugout after Gibby hit that sick walk off against the A’s.
Of course I remember that, but that’s about it. I mean I always knew who Tommy Lasorda was, but growing up in the ‘80s in an AL town, we saw very few NL games - maybe a Sunday “game of the week” a couple of times a month?
Here’s a memory you’d have to be almost exactly my age to share - Tommy Lasorda as “the wizard” on The Baseball Bunch.

Of course I remember that, but that’s about it. I mean I always knew who Tommy Lasorda was, but growing up in the ‘80s in an AL town, we saw very few NL games - maybe a Sunday “game of the week” a couple of times a month?
Here’s a memory you’d have to be almost exactly my age to share - Tommy Lasorda as “the wizard” on The Baseball Bunch.
Thanks for that memory, I have a lot of memories about Tommy as well one of my favorites is how he would call Orel Hershiser “bulldog” I always thought that was funny because he didn’t look like a bulldog as all but Tommy sure brought out the bulldog in Orel like no one else could.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom