Tombstone Chips/ Sidepot Chip Design Contest (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Anyone remember the Tombstone chips? They were designed as part of a big contest at CT a long time ago. I bought a set as soon as sidepot made them available after the contest. The guys in the game I hosted hated them. Said it was too hard to tell the colors on the table. I sold them shortly thereafter. Still regret that decision. Should have just kept trotting them out and made my guys get used to them.

Wish I could find a set to buy. I'll keep looking and maybe they'll show up someday.

Anyone else remember that contest? Some fantastic chips were designed.

Personally, I agree with your poker crew's assessment. Chips having oversize images with very little color showing to differentiate them do not make for a very good playing experience.

Doesn't ABC offer a similar design?

Personally, I agree with your poker crew's assessment. Chips having oversize images with very little color showing to differentiate them do not make for a very good playing experience.

Doesn't ABC offer a similar design?

They weren’t entirely off base which is one reason I sold them. Just wish I hadn’t sold so quickly and held onto them

They were my first real chips. An upgrade from the old diamond chips.

I have. No response. Still kick myself for selling them. Did you design them? You were in the contest weren’t you?

I didn't design them & unfortunately I don't recall who did.

X-Files (RIP) and I created the ceramic tool used in the contest & I can't believe it is actually still working on their site!

IIRC there were multiple stages of the contest, 1st was the 'track' which was the chip face outside of the center 'inlay' area, 2nd people could submit rolling edge designs & 3rd, people would use one of those track & rolling edge designs and add their own 'inlay' design to it.

Looks like the Tombstone design used the 'Archimage Giant' track (designed by Magus23 who did the Protégé inlay), but I don't know who submitted it.

I didn't design them & unfortunately I don't recall who did.

X-Files (RIP) and I created the ceramic tool used in the contest & I can't believe it is actually still working on their site!

IIRC there were multiple stages of the contest, 1st was the 'track' which was the chip face outside of the center 'inlay' area, 2nd people could submit rolling edge designs & 3rd, people would use one of those track & rolling edge designs and add their own 'inlay' design to it.

Looks like the Tombstone design used the 'Archimage Giant' track (designed by Magus23 who did the Protégé inlay), but I don't know who submitted it.

Thanks. I was 99% you were involved but couldn’t remember exactly how. That was a fun contest to follow along. I remembered how disappointed I was when Tombstone finished 2nd. And how excited I was when Sidepot said they would take orders for the Tombstone chips. #maybepokerisntyourgame #iknowletshaveaspellingcontest

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom