To Sell Or Relabel (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I got Royals from Apache last February. They are a tournament set and I love them. However, the game I play in with all my work buddies is virtual only because they’re all afraid of COVID-19. I got the tournament set just for that game. The chips are oiled but have never been used. What is the better option, sell them here or get them relabeled? I was going to try and sell them on here and use the proceeds to buy a cash game set since I’m in a twice monthly live cash .25/.50 game and I’m going to start hosting some games. I think Apache makes custom labels so that would be an option. I also know we have label makers in this forum.

What’s everyone’s thoughts?

If you love the feel and you have the right breakdown, a relabel project could be fun. Especially designing the labels. Most of my chips are unused too; but they don't expire so they'll get used someday when the world is back to normal.

With that said, if you're actively playing in a game and you want to get a cash set to make your fun _NOW_ better, then you should sell them. You can most likely re-buy Royals again in the future if you truly miss them.

Then there's the BearMetal way: MOOOAAAARRRR!!!! Don't sell - EXPAND! Buy the new set and give your current Royals some company.

I vote for relabel. I recently completed my first relabel project and have two more in process now. They are a lot of work To complete but u end up with a one of a kind custom set That you can fit to ur specific needs.

Based on: New Blank Royals + custom labels = $.82/chip

Royals you have now = $.52
What you could sell current set for = $Y/chip

Therefore $.52 - $Y/chip = X, where X is equal to the saving per chip you could benefit from by doing all the labour. I don't know how easily Royals clean up for a relabel, but it better be pretty easy.

I'm set on relabeling. It's going to be cheaper and it only took me 30 minutes to take the labels off of 60 chips so far. I love the 43mm size and the Royals are really dope looking too. Out of all the chips I think they have some of the nicer stock (non-custom) labels, in my opinion. In the future, I might get a set of custom labels made by one of the guys/girls here, but right now I have better things to spend $400-500 on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom