To close? (1 Viewer)

kkbait

Pair
Reaction score
What are your thoughts, is the Lucky derby to close to the $5 to use as a quarter in a set of Horseshoes"s ?
26324.jpg 099814.jpg

Not "too" close, but they don't compliment each other at all (the LD totally dominates/overshadows the HC)

The style is just too different for my tastes.

Still, the derbs with their bright yellow spots should be easy to ID.

As others have said the chips won't be mixed up in dirty stacks...but at the same time I don't really think they look great together.

It is amazing what a label can do. I was in the same camp with the rest of you thinking those two do not go very well together, but then POW once that LD had a black label on it i think it fits quite nicely.

Consider the conditions of the chips. One might be more worn and won’t look right...

It is amazing what a label can do. I was in the same camp with the rest of you thinking those two do not go very well together, but then POW once that LD had a black label on it i think it fits quite nicely.

the pictures sure do have me thinking :)

In a perfect world you would have gotten some of those green/black used El Dorado hotstamp chips that sold on here a week or two ago. They are all gone now, but they fit better. My set was already committed to the Lucky Derby 25c chips or I would have pulled the trigger on some of those.

I would most definitely prefer a different color for the base.
A green or grey wouldn't be a bad choice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom