tips for wearing down RHCs (1 Viewer)

lewan

Flush
Reaction score
I have some RHC solids which need wearing down. My 2 lowest denominations are near mint whereas my 2 larger denominations are used-vgc.

any advice for wearing down paulson rhcs quickly? i'm unable to regularly get these chips into play until the summer.

This will happen naturally. Esp because the lower denominations will see more use. I wouldn’t let it bother you

This will happen naturally. Esp because the lower denominations will see more use. I wouldn’t let it bother you
Yeah i know, but i also don’t have a regular game so it might take a while

Leave them as is.. this is a non issue, tho it may seem like it to you right now. Enjoy your chips and do t stress about stuff like that…. However, if the chips are THAT much different condition that they look mismatched to you and you can’t stand it, then get different chips that match from the start.

Leave them as is.. this is a non issue, tho it may seem like it to you right now. Enjoy your chips and do t stress about stuff like that…. However, if the chips are THAT much different condition that they look mismatched to you and you can’t stand it, then get different chips that match from the start.
Bit of a weird one as the red chips dont stack the same height as the others and are very wobbly

Bit of a weird one as the red chips dont stack the same height as the others and are very wobbly
If you have wobbly Paulsons, they must be warped (may from heat and the way they were transported.)

If you have wobbly Paulsons, they must be warped (may from heat and the way they were transported.)
yeah they are very wobbly. all 440 of my reds are wobbly from what ive seen. though, the greens, blacks and oranges are all fine.

39 reds are the same height as 40 greens. :(

1647183155755.png

I have some RHC solids which need wearing down. My 2 lowest denominations are near mint whereas my 2 larger denominations are used-vgc.

any advice for wearing down paulson rhcs quickly? i'm unable to regularly get these chips into play until the summer.
Or, and hear me out here, just buy mint condition higher denominations. #ProblemSolved.

yeah they are very wobbly. all 440 of my reds are wobbly from what ive seen. though, the greens, blacks and oranges are all fine.

39 reds are the same height as 40 greens. :(

View attachment 877947
Oh, hotstamps. Yeah, that happens when they're stamped sometimes, apparently. Perfectly normal and fixible, with some effort. Personally, I just live with it. wobbly paulsons are still more stable than most other chips.

The reds are probably lightly warped, resulting in small gaps between chips and taller stacks. The wobble is caused by the same. Search for “chip flattening”: a light application of pressure under mildly increased temperature to eliminate warp and get your stack heights more similar. There is an oven method and a lightbulb method, both utilizing wood clamps and dead flat ceramic spacers. I’ve done if before, and results were great. Best of luck!

Doing nothing will not solve this problem, neither would “more wear” fix anything. Only flattering can fix the stack height + wobble.

Last edited:
This is easily fixed.

Post in thread 'Flattening Warped Chips' https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/flattening-warped-chips.3903/post-1356722

I've had good results as well.

Oh, hotstamps. Yeah, that happens when they're stamped sometimes, apparently. Perfectly normal and fixible, with some effort. Personally, I just live with it. wobbly paulsons are still more stable than most other chips.

The reds are probably lightly warped, resulting in small gaps between chips and taller stacks. The wobble is caused by the same. Search for “chip flattening”: a light application of pressure under mildly increased temperature to eliminate warp and get your stack heights more similar. There is an oven method and a lightbulb method, both utilizing wood clamps and dead flat ceramic spacers. I’ve done if before, and results were great. Best of luck!

thanks guys, i'll look into this later. they are real wobbly and its been driving me crazy

Doing nothing will not solve this problem, neither would “more wear” fix anything. Only flattering can fix the stack height + wobble.
Wisdom.

I misread the issue in the OP.

Agreed as mentioned above, would recommend some flattening, this will eliminate the wobble and majority of the stack height issues..
Shuffling the sharper chips in groups reguarly at work or at home will put a little wear on them over time

A heating pad for the chips works great. 10 or so chips laid out in a single layer, fold over the heating pad and wait 10 minutes. Clamp them up with spacers under very light pressure, then wait a few hours until completely cool.
Flat chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom