Tips for New PCF Members (1 Viewer)

SiouxperStack

Full House
Reaction score
Hello new members,
I'm still new here myself and can't offer a plethora of great information but I do have some tips I can share and hope that new members can gain something from what I have to offer.

Purchasing Tips:
1. When messaging a member to make a purchase be sure to include the exact price agreed upon in the message to avoid having to look up the transaction on PayPal.
2. Organize your messages: I find it helps to have a purchasing and selling folder in the PCF messaging system. The conversation page is easy to use and organize and if you start this early you wont have to go through all your messages to find something specific.
3. Start an Excel spreadsheet listing all your purchases: Make a spreadsheet right away and include all costs associated with the purchase. This will help keep track of your spending and help you when you decide to sell. You may think you wont need a spreadsheet because you're just going to buy a few chips but that's not true. Make a spreadsheet.
4. When conducting business, treat people as you expect to be treated. This goes without saying and I can honestly say I have never had any shady or bad interactions on this site. The people on here seem to be good people that all have a compulsive appreciation for chips.
5. Get Samples.
6. If you have questions start a thread and ask away. The chipping community is always happy to help and offer knowledge to assist you in your experience.

This is what I have to offer and I'm hoping more experienced people will offer better tips. I'm sure this thread exists already and, being the newb that I am, I will get one reply and it will be the link to the same thread that was started years ago, oh well you learn new shit every day. Best of luck to you in your journey and hunt, fellow newbs.

Some good pieces of advice in here. This one in particular gave me a chuckle.

3. Start an Excel spreadsheet listing all your purchases: Make a spreadsheet right away and include all costs associated with the purchase. This will help keep track of your spending and help you when you decide to sell. You may think you wont need a spreadsheet because you're just going to buy a few chips but that's not true. Make a spreadsheet.

Many of us nerds had spreadsheets tracking counts and costs of each set/denom. After a year or so, the spreadsheet goes in the shitter and you end up with sets you didn't know you had and PayPal charges you don't remember paying. Enjoy the ride!

What’s a spreadsheet ? Samples ? Why not dive right in ? Plenty of room in the pool, plus you need to see quantities of chips rather than singles.

6. If you have questions start a thread and ask away. The chipping community is always happy to help and offer knowledge to assist you in your experience.

If you have questions first use the search function in the forum instead create a new thread. If you can't find anything start a new thread. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom