TINA ?? Chips (1 Viewer)

krw17

Pair
Reaction score
I completely understand that TINA is some psuedo-name used by a CHINA company making poker chips. I also see that many orders are on the "cards mold".
I'm assuming this is all injection molded plastic.
I'm curious though about chips like the Mirage tributes that seem to have a custom mold. Guessing same plastic material. I missed the group buy, but given this is an Alibaba storefront, will they still make more? Can I still order them? Does anyone have a Mirage sample set they would sell me? Just to get a feel for them, I would be happy to purchase a Bellagio tribute sample as well.

Thanks for any help/explanation.

Sorry.. the TINA chips are actually ceramic, not plastic.
So are the "custom" molds like the MIrage just printed on? Meaning they have no real raised or depressed texture?

Take deep breaths, welcome. Tina is a name of a person that works for a Chinese company. They will make more and there's going to be more group buys. Many of those custom molds are just printed on. Follow link above.

Yes you can order them via Tina on Alibaba.

They are a ceramic poker chip. Lesser quality IMO than a brpro poker chip. They aren't bad chips, just make sure to get samples first.

It's usually better to do a group buy as it will be cheaper. The shipping is expensive if going on your own.

By going through a group buy the designer of the chip also gets compensated.

I completely understand that TINA is some psuedo-name used by a CHINA company making poker chips. I also see that many orders are on the "cards mold".
I'm curious though about chips like the Mirage tributes that seem to have a custom mold. Guessing same plastic material. I missed the group buy, but given this is an Alibaba storefront, will they still make more? Can I still order them? Does anyone have a Mirage sample set they would sell me? Just to get a feel for them, I would be happy to purchase a Bellagio tribute sample as well.

I don't care for them. Please make sure that you get samples first. The price point is awesome. Simply not a product that I'm interested in.

East, I'm really East of Taylor TX, I just always generalize and say Austin because nobody knows where Taylor TX is!
I would be happy to do so in a few weeks - I'll be out of town next week.

East, I'm really East of Taylor TX, I just always generalize and say Austin because nobody knows where Taylor TX is!
I would be happy to do so in a few weeks - I'll be out of town next week.
I'm in Cedar Park and also put Austin because not many outside of Austin would have any idea where that is either lol

Despite many rumors, there are only two ceramic "molds" currently available - cards and diamonds. All the rest are plain (some potentially with a recess for a sticker). So unless you see cards or diamonds, the house molds are printed.

The thing about Cards Mold, especially for newb chippers like me with no artistic talent, is the price point at which you can make a custom set. That’s what go me into them.
97ACDB12-39A8-48FF-9997-827E5B52F9D1.png

As well, other users have pointed out these Cards Mold don’t wear too well. I can’t attest to this since I’ve only felted my set twice.

This said, I personally like them. People drop more $$$ on single racks and never even use them, so $300-400 for a fully functional custom set is a steal to me.

As well, I’m an odd duck. I have sampled BRPro and a few others and I don’t see what all the hype is. I don’t like the feel or the sound better than cards mold. I’m sure they are actually better but you wouldn’t be able to convince me.

For those that own the Mirage tribute set, how do you like to play with them? What is the chip weight, and are they decent looking in person as they are in pictures.
Thanks for any info.

For those that own the Mirage tribute set, how do you like to play with them? What is the chip weight, and are they decent looking in person as they are in pictures.
Thanks for any info.
The Mirages haven’t arrived yet, I figure mid to late January

The thing about Cards Mold, especially for newb chippers like me with no artistic talent, is the price point at which you can make a custom set. That’s what go me into them.
View attachment 1040238
As well, other users have pointed out these Cards Mold don’t wear too well. I can’t attest to this since I’ve only felted my set twice.

This said, I personally like them. People drop more $$$ on single racks and never even use them, so $300-400 for a fully functional custom set is a steal to me.

As well, I’m an odd duck. I have sampled BRPro and a few others and I don’t see what all the hype is. I don’t like the feel or the sound better than cards mold. I’m sure they are actually better but you wouldn’t be able to convince me.
Any chance you could get a closer shot of those? Maybe just your group of 5 out front? Don't go to a lot of trouble setting up all those stacks.

Hey thanks, that was lightning quick! Those have a matt finish, correct?
I had that on file. I’ll take a few more snaps for ya.

I’d say there is somewhat of a “matte” finish to them, yes. I can’t say for sure. There is some grainy feel to the whole chip itself and especially more when you feel over the label area.

I’ll add more pics momentarily or I’ll PM ya

.. & just to confuse you even further, "ceramic" chip,s are all actually just a type of injection molded plastic chip as well ...:):)

I had that on file. I’ll take a few more snaps for ya.

I’d say there is somewhat of a “matte” finish to them, yes. I can’t say for sure. There is some grainy feel to the whole chip itself and especially more when you feel over the label area.

I’ll add more pics momentarily or I’ll PM ya
They look like they have somewhat of a matt finish. I'm ok with the grainy/textured finish. If you designed that logo, you did a nice job. The triple peaks logo looks real good. There's a no mold, textured GB n progress right now and I really like the Aladdin design. Although there will be a card mold GB like yours in March.

They look like they have somewhat of a matt finish. I'm ok with the grainy/textured finish. If you designed that logo, you did a nice job. The triple peaks logo looks real good. There's a no mold, textured GB n progress right now and I really like the Aladdin design. Although there will be a card mold GB like yours in March.
I can’t take credit. I gave @JeepologyOffroad the idea. I gave him a starter image for an idea I had, he followed through with a design for me.

I appreciate the compliments all the same. I love the set.

Very curious if this is a thing or not. Like you, my cards mold set won't see a lot of play (loaner/camp set used 1x a year) but think we should find out soon based on the volume on this site.

Played a game on slippery ceramics and it was a nightmare. I would rather play with slugged plastic chips. Couldn't reach across my stack without all the chips falling over.

I got the Bellagio tributes. Had them in play for the last event. I have Paulsons and CPCs, you can definitely tell the difference instantly, but for $0.33/chip you can beat the price. Most of my players don’t care chip material, they were most impressed with the replica design.

I would say it’s a good entry level starting point to find out if they are good enough for your tastes or if you want the real thing.

I loved the design because I played with the real thing at Bellagio for my first ever trip to Vegas back in the day. That being said, I don’t think I would need multiple sets of this type of chip, would rather save and create another custom CPC set.

D52EAD12-E36D-43F0-97AB-BB5BD71E6697.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom