Tilting Hand - 50/100 NLHE (1 Viewer)

Windwalker

4 of a Kind
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
I was playing for a recorded stream at the Hustler yesterday, and was having a blast. We were towards the last 20 minutes of the stream, and I had turned a $20k buy-in into $85k, and both Garrett and Andy were playing. Was feeling pretty good.

Looked down at JcJd in late position.

A Japanese player I’ve never played with before named Ryusuke was UTG and made it $1200 (yes, we were playing 50/100).

Folded to me, I raised to $5k.

He called.

Flop was 4c 5d 9s.

He checked.

I bet $12k.

He raised all in for another $35k.

I call.

He turns over 4s5s. We run it twice.

He hits a backdoor flush on the first board.

Blanks on the second board.

So damn tilting.

No straddle he just opened to 12x utg? Damn, that’s already scary.

3b to $5k feels big over a 12x open, I’m probably making it $3-3.6k here.

The $12k overbet into ~$10.5k on the flop feels ambitious? Scared? It’s not a very wet or draw heavy board. I think I prefer to continue here for around 1/3pot, so something like $3500. When he 3bets this bet you’re not forced to get stacks in. Let’s say he makes it $10k, which feels strong given not many draws on the board. That feels like a lot of 44, 55, 99. You can call that sized raise and if he continues and shoves turn I can probably get away from it at that point.

Obviously getting overpairs cracked sucks, don’t mean to ignore the pain, but maybe just re-examine the line to see what could be done differently in the future.

Didn’t see this live stream up on their channel yet, just the big $100/200/400 game?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom