GB Completed Tigerhawk Card Room dealer button group buy (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himewad

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I looked into purchasing a couple of custom dealer buttons for my home game (to match my poker chips). As I was poking around these forums looking for advice, I was told that a number of people buy custom dealer buttons as part of a group buy. This is my first experience with this, so if I am missing something obvious, please let me know. Here we go ...

This is the Official Group Buy for the Tigerhawk Card Room Dealer Button. The Tigerhawk's origin goes back to 1979 when Hayden Fry took over as head coach of the University of Iowa football program. Fry tasked a local art director to come up with a new design to promote the struggling program, and the Tigerhawk was born. So I guess you could say this is the 40th anniversary Tigerhawk dealer button ;). These will be produced by @ABC Gifts and Awards on their 60mm ceramic button blanks (they get the credit for the design, as well).

These Dealer Buttons will have three options ... WHITE, BLACK and YELLOW ... note that the rolling edge will also be the same color as the button face

Price per button - $4.25 plus shipping charges

Payment is PayPal F&F

Group buy order window will end at 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, November 3rd.
I will place the order as soon as all funds are received.

Shipping will depend on the quantity that is ordered but looking at other group buys, it seems I could ship a padded envelope for about $5 (USPS first class) for CONUS shipping. If you are outside of the U.S. buyer pays for all extra shipping costs.

If interested, please post the quantity you would like to receive.

PCF USER NAMEWHITEBLACKYELLOWTOTAL
@Himewad
4​
4​
2​
@Ben8257
2​
1​
1​
@Nuhockey
2​
2​
2​
@Jeff
3​
3​
3​
@Beakertwang
1​
1​
1​
@suited67
2​
2​
2​
non-PCF members
1​
8​
2​
TOTALS
Dealer Button ABCProof60mm FINAL.jpg

Last edited:
I looked into purchasing a couple of custom dealer buttons for my home game (to match my poker chips). As I was poking around these forums looking for advice, I was told that a number of people buy custom dealer buttons as part of a group buy. This is my first experience with this, so if I am missing something obvious, please let me know. Here we go ...

This is the Official Group Buy for the Tigerhawk Card Room Dealer Button. The Tigerhawk's origin goes back to 1979 when Hayden Fry took over as head coach of the University of Iowa football program. Fry tasked a local art director to come up with a new design to promote the struggling program, and the Tigerhawk was born. So I guess you could say this is the 40th anniversary Tigerhawk dealer button ;). These will be produced by @ABC Gifts and Awards on their 60mm ceramic button blanks (they get the credit for the design, as well).

These Dealer Buttons will have a WHITE background.

Price per button - $4.25 plus shipping charges

Payment is PayPal F&F

Group buy order window will end at 11:59 pm CST on Sunday, November 3rd.
I will place the order as soon as all funds are received. Any payments not received by 11:59pm CST on Sunday, November 10th will not have their orders placed.

Shipping will depend on the quantity that is ordered but looking at other group buys, it seems $8 is the standard for CONUS shipping. If you are outside of the U.S. buyer pays for all extra shipping costs.

If interested, please post the quantity you would like to receive.

View attachment 356958
I truly don't understand why I ended up butting heads over copyright issues and I continue to see things like this. Someone needs to explain to me how I went about this wrong and what I need to do to get past the issues.

I truly don't understand why I ended up butting heads over copyright issues and I continue to see things like this. Someone needs to explain to me how I went about this wrong and what I need to do to get past the issues.

I actually contacted the sports information department at the university years ago, and they told me that as long as I wasn't profiting off of any use of their tigerhawk logo, I could use it. They even sent me a PDF file with the logo on it and the pantone colors so that I would get an exact match.

I have actually contacted the sports information department at the university years ago, and they told me that as long as I wasn't profiting off of any use of their tigerhawk logo, I could use it. They even sent me a PDF file with the logo on it and the pantone colors so that I would get an exact match.
That's fucking awesome. I guess that's the difference between a huge money operation like ND and Iowa. I did the same thing with ND and they basically told me something very similar but I can't get places to reproduce things. Been denied by several manufacturers to the point I finally gave up. So I guess the block is with the manufacturers for me.

j
I did the same thing with Kansas University. I wanted to print a gaming cloth with the Jayhawks logo so I contacted the school and they gave me written permission to use the logo for personal use only.

D766571A-A87C-4023-9B89-F98D8E90E335.png

j
I did the same thing with Kansas University. I wanted to print a gaming cloth with the Jayhawks logo so I contacted the school and they gave me written permission to use the logo for personal use only.

View attachment 357014
The only place I've been able to use ND logos was through Tony getting my custom cloth. CPC wanted more clear language giving me permission, I sent an email to abc about it but never heard back so I just assumed they weren't keen on the idea. I kinda just gave up and decided if I wanted to get it done I'd have to go overseas where copyright apparently doesn't matter.

universities are usually good with people doing stuff like this if you are doing something for your personal use and not going to make a profit. Some manufactures would be good with this if you provided a Email letter with proof that you have permission.

Go Hawks!
I don't what to think now. ;)

I went to last Saturday's Iowa/Purdue game with a buddy. As a child, he went to church with a guy named Pete who would stand up during personal testimony time and thank God for any Purdue victory over Iowa. "I just want to thank God for the Boilermakers' victory over Iowa in women's softball." Seriously. Even at eight years old, it was enough to make him say "F**** Purdue!"--his words. He actively hates and roots against Purdue to this day. :D

Hi himewad any thoughts on doing a second black button also with the Yellow tiger hawk that would really be Iowa’s colors.
Originally I was going to, but how would you do the outline around the logo? It’s currently black around the yellow Tigerhawk, so it would basically disappear. Make the outline white, maybe? I’m open to ideas, and yes, a black button would be great, too. I’ll email @ABC Gifts and Awards and ask them if they can tinker with the colors to make a black button as well as a yellow button. We’ll see what looks best.

Yellow border maybe?
They’ve been very responsive and helpful to this point. I asked for the additional base color changes, and even designs using my avatar instead of the Tigerhawk. I’m sure they will come up with some cool stuff, but we won’t see anything until Monday, I’m sure. If anyone is a designer and wants to mock some ideas up, go for it. But that’s not me.

OK - I put in a request for a black button and a yellow button, as well. Should have the mockups by this afternoon. I'll post them as soon as I have them, and I will contact everyone who placed an order in this thread, as well, so see if they want the extra designs. Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Here are my prototypes for the black DB and yellow DB, with my crappy design skilz on full display. The real designers would make these look pretty, but this is the general idea I have for the new designs (same idea for the white background, as well).

PROTOTYPES #3.jpg

I like "dealer" only appearing once better than the original design - gives it a cleaner look, I think. Will also try to keep the alternating black/yellow outer circle (that appears on the original design) on all three designs, but it may need a little tweaking.

Last edited:
Still waiting for those finalized designs from ABC. Will post them and contact everyone who has already posted as soon as I get them. I should get them yet today.

The designs have been updated in the first post. White, black and yellow versions. One set with the Tigerhawk outlined, one set with no outline. We're gonna go with the white version in the first lineup (outlined), and the black and yellow versions in the second lineup (no outline). In the first post, the versions that will NOT be used have been X'd out.

Last edited:
I would add 1 yellow and 1 black to my original order of 2 white for a total of 4 if the new buttons happen... willing to go 2 of each if it helps get the colored buttons made!! As always tagging @Jeff to make sure he has seen the new additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom