Three Putt Poker $20 Plaque Mock-Up (1 Viewer)

Wowza! I really like what you and Johnny are cooking up. Can't wait to see all of them fanned out on the felt. Oh, and in stacks too of course.

20141222_180044_zps8tg2dgpa.jpg

20141222_180002_zpsz5aqigh9.jpg

Easy to lose some chips on that cloth!

I finally got around to checking out the samples DD and OWPS sent me. I'm going to stick with my original plan and go with the 82mm size for the $20. I really like this size. If (lol...okay - when) I get around to upgrading my hundos I'll go even bigger.

View attachment 15497

Really stoked about this one. Just wanted to share. Just gotta work with J5 on the edges and then figure out what size I want to go with.

I've always loved the 3 putt graphic. I will admit though, the 4 corner denom is a bit loud to me. Maybe I'm in the minority I dunno. Otherwise, I would consider a slightly smaller center graphic and just put "$20" along the short side edges in one font color vs four corners filled in with a background color and denom.

At any rate, if you ship it as is, its still beautiful.

Last edited:
Wow! So awesome, Josh! Both Three Putt Poker sets are two of my all-time favorites, so this is very cool to see!

J5 and I are currently discussion options. It sounds like OWPS doesn't recommend anything on the edges due to alignment and/or image "stretching" around the corners. I'm leaning toward solid black at the moment. All of the samples I have are plain or nearly plain on the edges. I didn't realize it until I went to check them out last night.

The Matsui route is an intersting one. Does anyone know their minimums and/or costs? J5 might murder me if I decide to go that route in the end....

J5 and I are currently discussion options. It sounds like OWPS doesn't recommend anything on the edges due to alignment and/or image "stretching" around the corners. I'm leaning toward solid black at the moment. All of the samples I have are plain or nearly plain on the edges. I didn't realize it until I went to check them out last night.

The Matsui route is an intersting one. Does anyone know their minimums and/or costs? J5 might murder me if I decide to go that route in the end....

minimum matsui order is 100 plaques i think, but cost is only one first born human child.

minimum matsui order is 100 plaques i think, but cost is only one first born human child.

Hmmm, no kids to offer. Damn. Oddly enough, I was de-cluttering my desk drawers and found the invoices and catalog from the Matsui GB I ran a few years ago. Ah, memories :)

prototype teaser

Z6OrYnc.jpg

Those look really nice, Josh. Bold. Bright. Beautiful. christ, i sound like a laundry detergent commercial....

Not to last-minute derail your project, but have you considered the GOCC ceramic plaques (recessed center, with either rounded or angle-cut corners -- several sizes) or the MSK Gaming acrylic plaques (incredibly inexpensive, near-Matsui level quality, also in several sizes with no miniums) ?

If you haven't committed yet (or even if you have), they are worth checking out as viable options to the more-typical solid rounded-corner ceramic plaques. The MSK offerings (acrylics!) are particularly attractive, and only average around $4 each.

How about the pattern from the face of a club?

A plaque or two will look like a putter... a tall stack will look like a wedge.

And the pattern will should easily stretch around the corners, being horizontal...

Just spit-ballin'...

Those look really nice, Josh. Bold. Bright. Beautiful. christ, i sound like a laundry detergent commercial....

Not to last-minute derail your project, but have you considered the GOCC ceramic plaques (recessed center, with either rounded or angle-cut corners -- several sizes) or the MSK Gaming acrylic plaques (incredibly inexpensive, near-Matsui level quality, also in several sizes with no miniums) ?

If you haven't committed yet (or even if you have), they are worth checking out as viable options to the more-typical solid rounded-corner ceramic plaques. The MSK offerings (acrylics!) are particularly attractive, and only average around $4 each.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback Dave. I do like GOCC's plaques for certain projects but I just wasn't feeling them for this one. Re: MSK's plaques, yes - they look very cool and I will definitely be keeping them in mind for future needs :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom