Thoughts on this (mostly) outdoorsman themed set? (1 Viewer)

HebbNH

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Well, I had a random idea for a set pop into my head earlier and have been toying with it ever since. My best friend is an avid hunter, fisherman, and STL Cardinals fan, and since this set would be a gift for him, I tried to incorporate those themes as best I could while also keeping some semblance of traditional color/spot progression. It's a small stakes cash set, 25c/$1/$5/$25.

1651274525597.png

The frac is a safety orange hunting vest or hat. The $1 is supposed to be lake water with the spots representing the varying coloration of a largemouth bass. The $5 is the Cardinals chip, and the $25 is my best interpretation of hunting camo. Inlays would likely feature a deer skull along with "(friend's last name)'s Lodge" or something similar. Multiple inlays with rifles, bows, etc. is another possibility. Thoughts? Criticism (constructive or otherwise)? I'd love to hear your feedback!

I was going to do theme similar to this with an all hunting line up as we are avid hunters.
My idea was to use two different inlays on each chip, with one side being the lodge or cardroom name and the opposing side using an image to represent the chips "meaning" while also incorporating the denomination into each side

You could use the orange chip with the rifle/bow image idea, blue chip with a bass/lake/fishing scheme, red chip with the cardinals, and green chip as the deer/skull
While keeping the "lodge name" inlay design the same on the opposing side with the correct denomination for each chip

Just a thought. I do recommend referencing a color sample in hand if you can as on screen colors can differ slightly from in person. There are also lots of dedicated threads for custom CPCs among the forum that will give you an idea of what the colors look like in person
Otherwise the colors seem to correlate pretty well and follow "normal" progression

Just my opinion, I wouldn't use orange and red in the same set. I have no idea about hunting, but I think riffles are similar to chocolate or charcoal, both could be a good option for your frac.

Edit: I prefer red against orange

I think you should drop the Cardinals chip as it doesn't fit the rest of the theme. I would then make your safety vest chip the $5'er and then come up with a new frac that isn't red.

Did some tinkering. Cardinals chip is gone, moved safety orange to the $5 and adjusted the spots since it’s now a higher denom “pop” chip. Changed the frac to have a whitetail deer theme. Butterscotch or chocolate are other frac base options.

24F91674-8549-4E51-8793-1862B86D0B21.png

Just my opinion, I wouldn't use orange and red in the same set. I have no idea about hunting, but I think riffles are similar to chocolate or charcoal, both could be a good option for your frac.

Edit: I prefer red against orange

I was about to say the same thing

Will the chips be used on a table with camp designs?

Butterscotch is an amazing color I'd lean towards that as the base on the frac as opposed to using the same color in 2 different chips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom