Thoughts on this Craigslist poker table (1 Viewer)

k9dr

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Poker table has been listed for a few months so I can probably get it for less. Not a big fan of the racetrack but looks pretty solid overall. Has anyone seen one like this ? Is this a decent value for the price ?

The legs by themselves, if in good condition, are almost worth it. The rail looks to be damaged a bit and doesn't look like it offers much padding. I'd be interested in knowing where it came from.

If it's not too far from you I'd go get it. Anything over an hour would be a tough call.

I have not seen it in person yet. I noticed the damage on the rail too. That was my thought on the legs. The table is within 10 minutes of me. Going to look at it tonight.

Yeah, my thoughts would be that would be a great way to get some cool legs for a nicer table. I would tell him I'm coming from an hour fourther than I am and offer $100, take it at $150 or less.

I was planning on a lowball offer since it has been listed for so long and he is allegedly moving.

Not a fan of racetracks and this one is worse because it isn't even flush with the playing surface. But if you are lucky you can pull it off and recover the entire surface.

Not a fan of racetracks and this one is worse because it isn't even flush with the playing surface. But if you are lucky you can pull it off and recover the entire surface.

I was wondering if I could remove the racetrack.

I checked out the table - it measures 42 x 84 and is particle board construction. The rail is not very padded and is scuffed on both edges. The race track feels like some kind of fake veneer. The cupholders are only one inch deep and seem to be glued in. The playing surface is recessed about a half an inch below the racetrack. The base is solid and seems to be the best part of the table.

I didn't make an offer, but I did call dibs. ;) If I bought it, I think I could make a new playing surface insert that would sit flush with the racetrack. I would also want to drill out the holes for deeper cupholders. I'm not very handy and would definitely prefer a table that required less rehab. It is useable as is but the shallow cupholders would be a nuisance.

I'm going to think about it and possibly offer $100. He seems motivated and just wants it out of his garage. Despite the shortcomings, I think it might be a good deal at that price.

Snap-call for $100. Lot of work required for anything much more than that..... You should be able to easily build a press-fit or bolt-in flush playing surface, and drill out the existing cupholders (you may just need deeper cups, if the holes are already drilled completely through).

Offered $100. - waiting on a reply. I'm willing to walk away if he won't take the deal. Interestingly, the seller is a used car salesman

I got the table - it seems like a great deal for $100.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441644764.768714.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441644781.918637.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441644797.085300.jpg

The legs are nice but not very heavy duty. Since the base is narrow relative to the table top there is some wobble.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom