Thoughts on pelican 1495 case? (1 Viewer)

Nice but unnecessarily expensive (for chips, at least).
Nanuks are at least as good and more reasonably priced.
For value for money, there is also the "Apache" brand cases in North America.

Nice but unnecessarily expensive (for chips, at least).
Nanuks are at least as good and more reasonably priced.
For value for money, there is also the "Apache" brand cases in North America.

That's because they're made in the USA. Not only do the employees get paid a fair wage, but the company also adheres to environmental regulations and uses post-consumer recycled plastic in their manufacturing process. Adequately priced in my opinion.

Nanuks are also a good choice as they are made in Canada: another fair labor country.

I would NOT buy the Apache or Horror Freight cases as they are made in China.

hey guys its been awhile since i posted i am currently looking that some pelican case for my chips i have about 750 and i am wondering does anyone use a pelican 1495 (will provide pic)

and can a 1495 hold up to about 800 or so chips? (no racks just in the foam)

thanks

(pic for reference)

https://www.pelican.com/ca/en/product/cases/laptop-case/protector/1495

The laptop protector case is more expensive than the iM2300 which would give you more interior room for $40 less. With the iM2300, you could fit your 750 chips inside even if they were in racks! I would go with the iM2300 over the 1495 when it comes to storing/transporting poker chips.

I have a 1490. (According to BHphotovideo.com, 1490 interior - 17.8 x 11.4 x 4.1" and 1495 interior - 18.9 x 13.1 x 3.8")

Here are Apache racks inside on edge (9 across, I don't think I could fit another one but you could add two across the empty space near the handle - lid closes no problem/no pressure):

20211215_183339 c.jpg

Flat fits 6 across (with lids and with two on edge near the handle) and you can double layer, lid will still close no problem/pressure.

20211215_183450 c.jpg

According to specs, the 1495 is slightly shallower. Two Apache racks with lids stacked measures about 3.72". Width of Apache racks is about 2.94"

I have a 1490. (According to BHphotovideo.com, 1490 interior - 17.8 x 11.4 x 4.1" and 1495 interior - 18.9 x 13.1 x 3.8")

Here are Apache racks inside on edge (9 across, I don't think I could fit another one but you could add two across the empty space near the handle - lid closes no problem/no pressure):

Flat fits 6 across (with lids and with two on edge near the handle) and you can double layer, lid will still close no problem/pressure.

According to specs, the 1495 is slightly shallower. Two Apache racks with lids stacked measures about 3.72". Width of Apache racks is about 2.94"

I don't get why the 1490 is so popular. As your dimensions state, it's 17.8 x 11.4 x 4.1. Yet, the iM2300 is 17" × 11.7" × 6.2 while being $50 cheaper. It's more space for less money. What is it about the 1490 that makes it so attractive over the iM2300?

The 1490 wasn't something I was specifically looking or holding out for - it just happened to be relatively cheap ($40 IIRC) and not too far from me from someone on OfferUp... :) I think there were a couple of 2300's on OfferUp around that time but they were asking $80 or more (and I'm a cheap bastage)... :D

This is my brand-new Pelican 1450.
Soon to be filled with 8 racks of chips on two floors.
I wouldn't buy such an expensive case for clay discs, but a good friend coming from the US brought it as a gift (I had asked him to bring me a Harbor Freight Apache with myself paying for it, but he loves me).:)

Pelican 1450-1.jpg
Pelican 1450-2.jpg
Pelican 1450-3.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom