Thoughts on non matching labels? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
As the title would suggest, I am trying to put together my first clay set. and while I do want HSI 1's and 5's, I cant stop looking at the atlantic club 1's and 5's, they are beautiful to me.

however, I already have HSI 25's primary and HS cleveland 100's secondary for the set. Would it look weird with basically 2 different styles of labels (1 for the 1-5 and 1 for 25-100) or is that common?

I also know that the atlantic club option is probably cheaper and easier to get my hands on. just trying to get different opinions.

Altantic Club are CPC Chip while HSI are Paulson Chip

They going to feel different when mixed together

If you not fussy, they may be okay to be mix together
Got the sample set of CPC and got a barrel of the 25's so I can feel a subtle difference, but it wasnt to large and I doubt my players would care as well.

Are you talking about the CPC Atlantic Clubs? These?
1D85B60B-4AE3-4563-ABCA-B5021AF0F872.jpeg

It’s not just that the inlays don’t match. The chips are on different molds and actually made with different kinds of clay, so they’d look, feel, and sound different. And the Atlantic Clubs don’t have dollar signs on them (suggesting they’re tournament chips,) while the HSIs are cash chips.

They’re your chips for your game, so you can do what you want, but my opinion is no way, don’t mix these two completely different kinds of chips.

Are you talking about the CPC Atlantic Clubs? These?
View attachment 794489
It’s not just that the inlays don’t match. The chips are on different molds and actually made with different kinds of clay, so they’d look, feel, and sound different. And the Atlantic Clubs don’t have dollar signs on them (suggesting they’re tournament chips,) while the HSIs are cash chips.

They’re your chips for your game, so you can do what you want, but my opinion is no way, don’t mix these two completely different kinds of chips.
gotcha. yeah, since we are in sweden the $ sign isnt taken into consideration either since our currency is about 10 times smaller as yours. But I will keep that in mind! thanks for your input!

mixing between manufacturers isn't a good idea. having HSI / cleveland chips in one set, you can get away with it but I wouldn't personally do it. mixing cincinatti and cleveland are good options because the inlays look very similar. cincinatti horseshoe chips are available here:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/presidents’-day-weekend-sale.51696/
Thanks! I personally dont dislike the mixed-ness of the cincinatti and the indiana (the 25's and 100's I have) and I am looking for HSI 5 secondaries as they just look amazing. I guess what I am trying to say is that I prefer to have nice looking chips to my eyes over the entire theme being unified if that makes sense

I probably would not mix like that if you think you might want to sell the set one day - would have to break it up. But if you like it and don’t care, go for it!

Thanks! I personally dont dislike the mixed-ness of the cincinatti and the indiana (the 25's and 100's I have) and I am looking for HSI 5 secondaries as they just look amazing. I guess what I am trying to say is that I prefer to have nice looking chips to my eyes over the entire theme being unified if that makes sense
Plus - you can always do an inlay replacement or overlable to make them match.

I've replaced the $5 for my isle of Capri set with the HSI secondaries because I thought the original didn't fit well into the color composition.

IMG_20210307_223454.jpg

IMG_20210428_154312_1.jpg
IMG_20210422_172122_1.jpg

IMG_20210429_142053.jpg
IMG_20210504_131522.jpg
IMG_20210528_005219.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210715_232645.jpg
    IMG_20210715_232645.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210429_164552_1.jpg
    IMG_20210429_164552_1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom