Thoughts on Gorilla Pub Table Size? (1 Viewer)

ATLarchip

Straight
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Gorilla Gaming Pub Table (45”x66”) they can do a review on? Thinking of getting one as we usually have 8 players. But thought the table size seemed small. Any issues with the legs of the table getting in the way? Would it be better to go for the 45”x72” size instead?

Does anyone have the Gorilla Gaming Pub Table (45”x66”) they can do a review on? Thinking of getting one as we usually have 8 players. But thought the table size seemed small. Any issues with the legs of the table getting in the way? Would it be better to go for the 45”x72” size instead?
I've got one on order - should have it in another week. But I won't actually host until we have shots in arms, so any review will be limited.
(I went with the 66 inch and the cheap legs)

If you have the space, spend the extra $75 for the 72”

I strongly considered the gorilla pub table before deciding to go with a t_chan. Per Tony, the ideal space per player is 26”. When playing 8-handed, the 66” only gives you ~25” per player while the 72” gives you ~26.5”

The difference would really show if you ever play with a full table of 9 players.

I strongly considered the gorilla pub table before deciding to go with a t_chan. Per Tony, the ideal space per player is 26”. When playing 8-handed, the 66” only gives you ~25” per player while the 72” gives you ~26.5”

The difference would really show if you ever play with a full table of 9 players.
I was gonna go with 72 inches all along. But when it was time to actually order, I looked at the room, which will have almost exactly 30 inches of chair space on all four sides with the 66, and I considered my game, which typically has 6 players (though 8 is always the goal), and I just realized that the 66 was the better size for me. I don't want to jam 9 players into THAT room.

Good point. I think this is the size I’ll go with. Presently we play on a 72”x37” rectangle table (about the size of the PCF table topper) and we can get 8 in with people on the ends. It’s a little frustrating for sight lines, but I think the curve of the pill shape will solve that.

What do you all think of going up to the 84”x 44”? I’m afraid of it being too large and the people on the ends being too far apart. But with mostly 8 handed play will people be sitting on the ends?

Good point. I think this is the size I’ll go with. Presently we play on a 72”x37” rectangle table (about the size of the PCF table topper) and we can get 8 in with people on the ends. It’s a little frustrating for sight lines, but I think the curve of the pill shape will solve that.

What do you all think of going up to the 84”x 44”? I’m afraid of it being too large and the people on the ends being too far apart. But with mostly 8 handed play will people be sitting on the ends?
Aside from it being about the biggest I could fit it my room, what attracted me to the pub table is that it’s shape should make for better sight lines and easier dealing than longer ovals.
If you need a bigger oval for more players, go for it. But if you don’t, consider the other factors, because bigger isn’t always better with poker tables. Try dragging a pot from the end of a 7 foot oval. And if your game is a rotating self-deal situation, try pitching cards from the end of a 7 foot oval.

Everyone’s different, but I have to say the min 26” of space isn’t for everyone. I find even a 42x84” is tight for 8. Most of my games are max 6 and I went 48”x84”. Gives room for 8 but loads of space for 6. None of my players are what you’d considrr “wide”, but we like space.

None of my players are what you’d considrr “wide”, but we like space.
20210305_202329.jpg

New to the forum did any of y’all get a pub size table? Care to share pics?? Looking to get one for my house cause I usually don’t have 10 players for the small stakes cash game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom