thoughts on desert sands ceramics (2 Viewers)

lewan

Flush
Reaction score
i just don't really see anyone talking about these, have they just gone under the radar because they are being outshone by the design of nevada jacks and tiki kings, or are they actually an inferior chip?

i was thinking about picking up some samples but maybe if anyone has any info before i order a sample :p

I think most people going ceramic in the last six months or so have been buying them in the huge group buys.

Personally, I much prefer the Desert Sands and Tiki Kings over the cluttered Nevada Jacks design (plus skulls have nothing to do with poker; I've never understood the appeal). Desert Sands could be improved with different and/or aligned spots and larger print denominations.

Both the NJ and DS chips are producing on rougher-finish ceramic blanks, which I don't particularly like.

But given the minor difference in cost, a lot of people simply decide on customs (or semi-customs) when choosing ceramics.

Personally, I much prefer the Desert Sands and Tiki Kings over the cluttered Nevada Jacks design (plus skulls have nothing to do with poker; I've never understood the appeal). Desert Sands could be improved with different and/or aligned spots and larger print denominations.

Both the NJ and DS chips are producing on rougher-finish ceramic blanks, which I don't particularly like.

But given the minor difference in cost, a lot of people simply decide on customs (or semi-customs) when choosing ceramics.
thank you! i appreciate your insight. i feel 0.65/chip is about the max i feel comfortable spending at this stage of my life so i might pick up these after getting samples, maybe a few semi-customs of these

I prefer the roughness over chipco's which are too slippery for my taste. Desert Sands are grippy enough yet can still be shuffled.

Colours are great, you never have to worry about dirty stacks.

1610592537681.png

i absolutely love the blues, reds, blacks, purples, yellows, light blues and pinks of these. if i were to build a set for these id build it around the blue 1s and red 5s, then get some semi custom purple 10s or 25s
Are they still doing semi-customs? The baby blues and pinks on the right were semi-custom, but I got those many years ago.

I have a huge ceramic set I use for craps from BR Poker. Great for the money. I like it a lot and don't care if anything bad happens to it, chips go missing, people can borrow it whenever.

Those edge spots not being aligned on the sides and face would be a deal breaker for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom