Thoughts on 12.5c chip (1 Viewer)

Papasatyr

Two Pair
Reaction score
What's everybody's thought on 12 1/2 cent chips?

They would used exclusively for Antes in a 50c/$1 limit mixed game I plan to assemble. They would replace nickles or dimes otherwise slated for the purpose.

Cool & efficient idea?
Or just too weird?

The subject pops up every now and again.

There are some threads, and even some sets, with non-standard denominations.

I recall seeing mention/discussion of a one-bit chip either here or on the blue wall.

Here’s a link to one: Link to thread

It looks like BG posted an example of 12.5-cent chip in post #35. So it has been done.

Most games round to the nearest nickel or dime, but if you like it and it works for your game then why not.

I imagine people would generally be more perplexed by a 12.5-cent chip than they would be bothered by a non-2/1 blind or ante ratio.

Not a fan. Just do dimes or a btn ante

Fun to cash out at the end of the night, too!

Ryder8 at HPT wanted to do a $1.75 chip because of how often the open was 3.5xBB in a 25¢/50¢ game.

Ryder8 at HPT wanted to do a $1.75 chip because of how often the open was 3.5xBB in a 25¢/50¢ game.
My buddy Jim always bets $1.75 at our .25/.50 game
B1AB1DDA-3C0B-4D80-A83C-2861002C7234.png

Sometimes I run a very low limit game - especially to introduce new variants / HORSE to the group.

Limit 20c - 50c
Flop games : blinds 10c - 20c
Stud games : bring-in 10c and table ante of 20c

Limit 50c - €1
Flop games : blinds 20c - 50c
Stud games : bring-in 20c and table ante of 50c

I run mixed .50/1 myself. I either use a 10c ante and 20c bring in, or just do a button ante and 25c bring in when we don't want the hassle of an extra chip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom