Thoughts for Relabeling Royals (1 Viewer)

BHK25

Two Pair
Reaction score
I'm considering placing an order for a tourney set of royals . Planning to get blanks and then have Gear make me labels. (still undecided on the artwork). I'm stuck on what colors I want for each denom. in no particular order my favorite chips are the frac, 500, 1k, 25k,100k. I've also considered making a cali colored cash set with these to leave at a friends house simply because they are cost effective and there's some places I prefer not to carry chips that run about 4/chip. any suggestions?

1589988728521.png

I'm considering placing an order for a tourney set of royals . Planning to get blanks and then have Gear make me labels. (still undecided on the artwork). I'm stuck on what colors I want for each denom. in no particular order my favorite chips are the frac, 500, 1k, 25k,100k. I've also considered making a cali colored cash set with these to leave at a friends house simply because they are cost effective and there's some places I prefer not to carry chips that run about 4/chip. any suggestions?

View attachment 462400
I guess it depends on what sort of tournament structure you play?

Only problem I'd foresee would be having two shades of blue (the frac and 25k) in the same set.

If you have T10000 starting stacks, for example (and based on the chips you've stated are your favourites), maybe:

Yellow $1,000 = T25
White $500 = T100
Pink $100k = T500
Blue $0.25 or Blue $25k = T1000

Just my thoughts as this gives you a spot progression of sorts, too.

I'm trying to tell myself I don't need another cash set since I have 3 right now that I rotate, but I've wanted a cali colored cash set for a while and this seems like the best option to affordably get it. And then relabel to be semi customs

I think the light blue and the dark blue are different enough to avoid problems, especially if they aren't next to each other in the chip denomination order.

My personal favorites of the Royals - just based on color alone - are the white $500, yellow $1000, blue $25000 and pink $100000. In no particular order. The orange $5000 also pops. I love the base color of the green $25 chip, but the edge spots make it less desirable for me (even though I have 400 of them :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ).

Last edited:
I'm trying to tell myself I don't need another cash set since I have 3 right now that I rotate, but I've wanted a cali colored cash set for a while and this seems like the best option to affordably get it. And then relabel to be semi customs
You never NEED more — but you'll ALWAYS WANT MORE being on this forum. #ChipperProblems

Yep, I didn't even know I wanted these until yesterday. Went to a buddies to play and was thankful I didn't bring my mixed set including jacks 5s there. Woulda made me nervous bringing them there, so I thought a cheaper set would work good. Sure beats the plastic junk we played with, but hey I won the tourney so its all good I guess

I went through the same thing as you.
My favorites were the light blue, dark blue, and pink. I wanted to build a set around those three chips.
I went back and forth on it. I finally settled on #4.
options.jpg

I think that oiling changed my opinion of the chips. Before oiling, my ranking was:
Blurple, Pink, Red, Black, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, White

But after oiling...
Blurple, Red, Yellow, Pink, Orange, Black, Blue, Green, White

Just a factor in deciding; will you oil them?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom