• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine This won't last long. (1 Viewer)

I'd bet $100 that any email inquiring about this chip, you're getting "RARE" in all caps somewhere in the reply.

You could make a bingo card game out of this

-Accused of not knowing anything about chip values
-Intelligence insulted/lack reading comprehension
-Told you are wasting their time
-Vague insult that you probably couldn't afford it or anything because you are poor

Saw this in the best worst deals thread.

There's no way that it isn't money laundering if this thing sells.

It says $5 on the face of the chip....minus damage, maybe I should indeed offer the seller three-fiddy and see their reaction.

Twas about to snap buy, but was turned off by the shipping cost. GLWS!

2C61FAD9-F2AC-43E5-B733-5D7D72146DC5.jpeg

Singles valuation is tough.

I look at it this way. How many singles collectors would spend $5,000, $10,000, $25,000, etc. on a chip?

my guesses:
$5,000 > 10
$10,000 > 5
$25,000 > 3

you need to know which of these folks have the chip, and which would want the chip, then you can assign a value.

I would guess that undamaged the chip is worth $10,000. Damaged $500 to $1,500. The singles market is thinly traded, especially at the top end.

if you were to find 100 of these mint, you couldn’t sell all of them for $1,000 each. You might sell 20. To sell the entire box, my guess is $100 to $300 each, with $300 each being a stretch. There just aren’t 100 singles collectors all paying $300 each for anything these days.

Singles valuation is tough.

I look at it this way. How many singles collectors would spend $5,000, $10,000, $25,000, etc. on a chip?

my guesses:
$5,000 > 10
$10,000 > 5
$25,000 > 3

you need to know which of these folks have the chip, and which would want the chip, then you can assign a value.

I would guess that undamaged the chip is worth $10,000. Damaged $500 to $1,500. The singles market is thinly traded, especially at the top end.

if you were to find 100 of these mint, you couldn’t sell all of them for $1,000 each. You might sell 20. To sell the entire box, my guess is $100 to $300 each, with $300 each being a stretch. There just aren’t 100 singles collectors all paying $300 each for anything these days.

Very true, John. Now i just need to hit Lotto so i can be included in the top 10 haha

To be a genuinely true diehard high-end singles collector, you need to a) really love chips, and b) really hate money.

It is the only premise under which the market makes any sense whatsoever.

In any other context, it's just fucking bonkers.

b) really hate money.
I disagree with this one. Super high end art, cars, real estate, and coins, just to name a few, have massively appreciated over the last 100 years. Not everything does, but in general. I don't know when the high end chip market started, probably the 70s or 80s, but I imagine there has been some appreciation there as well. Lots of depreciation too though, especially when hoards are found, which is fairly unique to chipping because hundreds or thousands of almost every chip get made. (I feel bad for the guy who paid $3000 for his Jessie Beck snapper.)

I feel bad for the guy who paid $3000 for his Jessie Beck snapper.

Really??? Someone paid that for a JB snapper? Wow!!! Thought I was crazy for paying $50 for mine.

IMG_20200421_104841.jpg

But if anyone is willing to pay $3k, I'd consider letting it go. ;)

It was before the hoard was revealed. Was probably considered unique at the time for somebody to pay that. 50 is fair now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom