This Rabbit Hole! Custom Labels - Group Buys - Entire Sets (1 Viewer)

TheWhat

Flush
Reaction score
Oh my goodness folks, finding this site just lolloolloll

Perhaps it's just the time frame we are living in but have put a tonne of hours in here already. What an amazing place, there is breadth of knowledge here, what a network! Anyhow came for that knowledge, and have found alot of it, but this has created some more questions, and cleared up some others. IE No Paulson's in my immediate future, and I absolutely love Matsui. So the questions:

How common are group buys here? There is the SunFly one ongoing, and looks like there may have been a Matsui one recently? Are these on some type of schedule? How do these come to being I guess?

Labels! People are removing labels from $3+ chips! That is awesome, and terrifying at the same time. @Gear appears to be the link up there. But are most people designing their own, or farming out ideas to a designer? I see @Apache had some blanks for Majestic, but some interesting colors are not available. Are there other sites?

Purchasing whole sets, Auctions etc. Any tips on this? How viable / realistic is it to get a whole set (I'll post my goal below) at once? Scoured the Classifieds for hours last night, and saw perhaps 2 opportunities, and stumbled on another this AM (The one this AM hurt as I could have done it and logged out lol). Is it a better approach to post Wanted ads? Or is knowing what you like and need for counts, and just collecting them the better path?

So, my goal was to come out of this socially distanced phase with a new (Although it appears the proper approach is new to me) set of chips, for our very friendly / casual home game that we play a couple / few times a month. It's a .25 / .50 and am happy to come away with 600 chips in a 100/200/200/100 split.

Thanks again, this has been an fun experience so far.

Welcome! Happy to hear you've learned so much and been able to find something enjoyable during these times!
No schedule group buys come and go fairly reguarly, theres tons of members here and lots of ideas brewing so when one lands the group buybusually takes off. Some people order privately but often times when ordering for yourself it is less expensive to include multiple orders to cut down on shipping

Wanted ads are a great tool if you know exactly what you're looking for and will usually spike some interest. If you know exactly what you want check the classifieds reguarly and keep a lookout! Auctions/for sale ads work differently, auctions are bid only obviously, for sale is usually dibs/first come first serve. If it's a make an offer type thing or you wish to make an offer that's best made through PM, just post PM sent in the sale thread so if you complete a transaction you can use the feedback feature.

If you are possibly considering building a mixed set, then scouring the classifieds is probably your best bet. I would definitely try a wanted ad and include the type of chip you are looking for. Cash or tourney, and the breakdown, you will likely get some response

So, my goal was to come out of this socially distanced phase with a new (Although it appears the proper approach is new to me) set of chips, for our very friendly / casual home game that we play a couple / few times a month. It's a .25 / .50 and am happy to come away with 600 chips in a 100/200/200/100 split.

I can get you a set like this right now, but not with Paulsons. PM me if interested in details.

The Sun-Fly "Prestige" group buy would also be a very good introduction to a high-quality, custom-designed, relatively inexpensive non-clay chip.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom