This place is Great! (1 Viewer)

MountainCliff42

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I live in Denver, play in a few games, host at my house once a month, or try to anyway.

I have a Set of Indiana Grand Cash Chips: $1, $5, $25, and $100. I want to find a way to get a rack of 25C chips so I can host a 50C/$1 game. Right now we $1/2 blinds and some guys want to play lower stakes. I've heard some people re-label chips. Looking for more info on that.

Any insight on relabeling a rack of Paulsons is Greatly helpful.

Also, what do people do to clean their chips? I have a few that need cleaning and have just been scrubbing them with soap and water, which works fine, but wondering if there is any special way to do it.

Thank you! Cheers,
Cliff

Welcome at PCF Cliff

Check out Kifer Milling co & Gear labels in the vendor section…you will not be disappointed.

More info on labelling Link
More info regarding cleaning Link

Welcome to the forum!

As you wade in, don't get too overwhelmed. While you can go whole hog and get a giant ultrasonic cleaner and murder/mill chips, you can also get a lot of mileage out of warm water and mild detergent plus overlabels. I was skeptical about some of these things at first, but I've handled overlabled RHCs where you wouldn't even think twice about the fact that they have a sticker on them. Which means less work for you AND you save the chip underneath if you ever want it.

Side Note: For my RHC set, I grabbed a set of Paulson Fan of Cards quarters to be a generic frac. This can be accomplished many ways (Starbursts, etc.) and potentially gives you a frac you could use with several sets if you plan on buying many more.

Anyways, food for thought. Happy Chipping!

Welcome at PCF Cliff

Check out Kifer Milling co & Gear labels in the vendor section…you will not be disappointed.

More info on labelling Link
More info regarding cleaning Link
Thank you Thomacetti, I'll check that out, cheers!

Welcome to PCF. Use search and you will find many threads on these topics.
Cheers, will do.

Welcome to the forum!

As you wade in, don't get too overwhelmed. While you can go whole hog and get a giant ultrasonic cleaner and murder/mill chips, you can also get a lot of mileage out of warm water and mild detergent plus overlabels. I was skeptical about some of these things at first, but I've handled overlabled RHCs where you wouldn't even think twice about the fact that they have a sticker on them. Which means less work for you AND you save the chip underneath if you ever want it.

Side Note: For my RHC set, I grabbed a set of Paulson Fan of Cards quarters to be a generic frac. This can be accomplished many ways (Starbursts, etc.) and potentially gives you a frac you could use with several sets if you plan on buying many more.

Anyways, food for thought. Happy Chipping!
Thanks for the info, another guy sent me the link I see now for over labeling, I'll check that out.

Thath is a great idea to have some generic fracs. I do want to get another set of chips, so that would totally help.

Cheers man,

Welcome to the cult!

I mean club!

No…I do mean cult.
hahaha, I've already drank the cool aid.

Hello and welcome!

Most people end up making their own fracs, or using a non-denom chip, or buying from the secondary market (tends to be expensive any way).

Stick with your brush and soap method if you've got a couple thousand chips or less. Some of us use an ultrasonic cleaner, but I would recommend this only if you've got thousands upon thousands upon tens of thousands of chips to clean (over your lifetime).

Hello and welcome!

Most people end up making their own fracs, or using a non-denom chip, or buying from the secondary market (tends to be expensive any way).

Stick with your brush and soap method if you've got a couple thousand chips or less. Some of us use an ultrasonic cleaner, but I would recommend this only if you've got thousands upon thousands upon tens of thousands of chips to clean (over your lifetime).
Great to know. Over time, I'm sure I'll need one as I accumulate more chips, but good to know, thank you

Hello and welcome from one Denverite to another! There are lots of great Colorado chippers on this forum, and we’d be happy to help in any way we can.

Hello and welcome from one Denverite to another! There are lots of great Colorado chippers on this forum, and we’d be happy to help in any way we can.
Sounds good dude, thanks for the note. I found out about this whole thing is BECAUSE of this forum. Half the guys at my buddy Kyle's game seem to be on here.

Welcome Cliff, I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the CO games :)
nitzilla

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom