Thinking (dreaming) about first custom cash set (CPC) (1 Viewer)

pipdenny

3 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

With my very first CPC order a few months away (tourney), I have started thinking about a potential cash set as well.
I started yesterday but just landed on something that I think I like so far. It's late and I'm getting that feeling again like I've stared at this too long and no longer can tell what looks good. Any insights/thoughts/opinions are welcome. This is surely still some iterations away from final.

Excuse the place-holder inlay and mold. Also, will likely not do shaped inlays (just wanted to see what it would look like).

frac/$1/$5/$20/$100

VCRcash1.png

Love the chips and color combos here. My only suggestion would be to swap some things around. Keep it standard with a green $25, black hundo, and frac of your choosing. Or just change the fiver to arc yellow and play with the spot colors.

Granted I’m a traditionalist when it comes to colors so take that with a grain of salt, but imo working creatively within the confines of the “rules” can really take a set to the next level.

Cali colours mean you can do whatever you want. There is precedence for all kinds of colours for different denoms. I would consider a shaped inlay that "interacts" or has some sort of symmetry with the spot pattern. The $1 chip has two spots but the shaped inlay has 3 sections. May swap the shapes on the frac and the $1.

Heres an alternative $1 (I like this a bit more with the darker blue spot) and some alt $5's. CPC yellows don't do it for me, and I'm still leaning towards the red.
Also, I can dig non-traditional colors (I would go for a black 1 or 5 :cool)

VCRcash2.png

VCRcash3.png

edit: canary yellow spots here are the colors of the Armenian flag :D

All of these are really nice. I think my personal preference is the one with the canary/Armenian flag spots. But I like them all.

I probably side with @JeepologyOffroad in that I’d prefer a non-red $5 with a white hundo, but that hundo is hot so I’d work around it and try to go with a canary/dg yellow/dg arc/dg peach or even dg tiger five.

I’ll be following to see how this progresses.

Nice! The red $5 in the OP is, by far, my favorite chip (great color combo and I prefer red $5s) so keep and that adjust the others around it. The day glow green frac doesn’t speak to me, so what about a yellow? You do have a lot of yellow in the edge spots of the other chips, though.

Also, are committed to that mold for a particular reason?

Team Black Dollar!

They're your customs, go for a black dollar, Arc Yellow $5, white frac, etc as long as the colors flow nicely who cares? Make what makes you happy!

That said, I'm not sure I like having a busy $20 AND a busy $100. As is now, I'd forego the yellow spot in the $20 and keep the spots purple and pink. You can make it work with the same edge spot I think with one color on each border and the thicker spot in the middle.

I have a set that I'm mocking up for years down the line with a blue NCV frac, red half dollar, black dollar, arc yellow $5, purple $20, and white $100 and it looks fantastic. Food for thought!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom