Things to avoid (1 Viewer)

GavinMcresty

High Hand
Reaction score
Is there anything people would particularly avoid when cleaning their chips? For example, have you ever tried cleaning them with a chemical, which ended up discolouring or otherwise damaging your chips? Did it damage them badly or was it barely noticeable? Did the chemical work with only some chips but not others? I was just curious to learn about other peoples' experiences of cleaning their chips.

As far as cleaning goes I've always just been standard with soapy water on a damp rag. But I've cut down on a lot of cleaning by not letting my friends with the greasy hands use my good chips! I'm sure it kind of seems mean to most people, but I've put a lot of money into my chips. We keep the little crummy plastic ones for when that "one friend" is coming over.

As far as cleaning goes I've always just been standard with soapy water on a damp rag. But I've cut down on a lot of cleaning by not letting my friends with the greasy hands use my good chips! I'm sure it kind of seems mean to most people, but I've put a lot of money into my chips. We keep the little crummy plastic ones for when that "one friend" is coming over.

TRUTH . . . and it applies to cards too. nothing drives me crazier than busting out the Paulsons or my Platinum Acetates only to see somebody with greasy hands or bad card handling skills just brutalize them. If you think washing chips is bad, try washing a deck of cards. I have figured out a few tricks to make it easier over the years, but still . . .

Avoid isopropyl alcohol. Some sources mention that it works as well to remove hotstamps. I tried it with ASM chips and it bleaches out the color...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom