Things that make you think of chips (1 Viewer)

aaronroch

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Every time I make a salad I have to restrain myself from carefully slicing the cuke uniformly and then stacking them 20 high...

4E40B2F2-20A9-44F3-878A-A7032BC813C3.jpeg

I sliced up some summer sausage, and was stacking the slices like I stack chips.

I sometimes relive the chip stacks I accumulated the day after a big win.

Like Wednesday's $50 tournament. We had a smaller than usual turn-out, 7 players. I eliminated the first two players, and the next four went rather quickly.

Got lucky in a three way pot by hitting a set of Queens on the river against two pair and a missed flush draw, eliminating one player and badly crippling the other. Knocked out all five remaining players for heads up action. I had 65BB's, my opponent had 4. Ridiculous. Can't remember ever building up such a dominant chip stack going into heads-up play.

Still recollecting how my mountain of chips dwarfed his stack. He knew better than to ask for a chop. :)

Last edited:
Those commercials with Chinese tumbling people in bright colors that make me think how good those colors would look as edgespots. Marquette basketball uniforms used to do it, but they have gone millennial grey like the whole country it seems

Pepperoni, oreos, crackers,

It's like the Forrest Gump quote:
Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Haha, this thread is amazing! :)

Might be that not all of you know what "snus" is, but at least the Scandinavians in here will know what this is. In Scandinavia, instead of cigarettes, many people use nicotine in the form of snus which is a sort of tobacco that you put under your lip. They are sold in round boxes, a bit bigger than poker chips, but with a similar shape:

snus.jpg

When you buy them, you can buy 5 or 10 at once that are held together in a barrell. And when you look at all of them in the store, they're neatly stacked and look like stacks of poker chips :)

snus barrels.jpg

Some of you might have tried it if you met some Scandinavian guys that offered it to you. Probably then also made you sick like hell :meh: (That might be a seperate thread though :)

F0FF02D9-E1D9-42E0-AE19-F0ED82B965E5.jpeg

We celebrate a lot of holidays in our melting-pot community.
I like Hanukkah because it’s the only holiday I know of where traditional observance involves gambling for chocolate while drinking wine! :tup:

Plaques make me think of chips, mail makes me think of chips, work makes me think of wanting my chips, dinner makes me think of chips, sleeping makes me dream about chips, driving makes me think of chips, oh wait... I just think about chips all the time.
Chips = life

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom