They said this was hold em… (1 Viewer)

shorticus

4 of a Kind
Tourney Director
Supporter
Reaction score
So yesterday I got invited to a card game and I was told it was a Texas Hold Em Game. It was a bunch of older women (mainly) who were playing so I decided to give it a shot.

Well, when I get to the game, what they are playing is clearly not Hold Em. I’m going to try explaining this game to see if anyone has ever heard of this game before.

Everyone is dealt 3 cards to start the game. Then there is a round of betting. Next, 2 community cards are flipped followed by a round of betting. Then a 3rd community card is flipped followed by a round of betting. Lastly, a 4th card is dealt with no betting.

Here’s the kicker in the game. You can play any combination of 5 cards up to and including the 3 cards in your hand. I didn’t realize this until I watched the first hand. When there was 4 different cards on the table and one lady yelled full house, I almost collapsed. Like WTF is going on here :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Also, one other rule that I’m not accustomed to (I’d usually call it weird but I’m trying to be a better man) is that if two players have 2 pair, the highest non paired card in your hand plays. It’s ummmmmmmm different.

Anyone familiar with this witchcraft?

So yesterday I got invited to a card game and I was told it was a Texas Hold Em Game. It was a bunch of older women (mainly) who were playing so I decided to give it a shot.

Well, when I get to the game, what they are playing is clearly not Hold Em. I’m going to try explaining this game to see if anyone has ever heard of this game before.

Everyone is dealt 3 cards to start the game. Then there is a round of betting. Next, 2 community cards are flipped followed by a round of betting. Then a 3rd community card is flipped followed by a round of betting. Lastly, a 4th card is dealt with no betting.

Here’s the kicker in the game. You can play any combination of 5 cards up to and including the 3 cards in your hand. I didn’t realize this until I watched the first hand. When there was 4 different cards on the table and one lady yelled full house, I almost collapsed. Like WTF is going on here :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Also, one other rule that I’m not accustomed to (I’d usually call it weird but I’m trying to be a better man) is that if two players have 2 pair, the highest non paired card in your hand plays. It’s ummmmmmmm different.

Anyone familiar with this witchcraft?

This feels "similar" to a game that we used to occasionally play. Thank god it hasn't been called in awhile. Cincinnati. You are dealt either 4 or 5 cards in the mitt. There is a standard flop/turn/river. You can use any combination of cards in the mitt and on the board to make the best 5 card poker hand. We would normally play it hi/lo. Its a crazy, messed up game. We haven't played it in years.

This feels "similar" to a game that we used to occasionally play. Thank god it hasn't been called in awhile. Cincinnati. You are dealt either 4 or 5 cards in the mitt. There is a standard flop/turn/river. You can use any combination of cards in the mitt and on the board to make the best 5 card poker hand. We would normally play it hi/lo. Its a crazy, messed up game. We haven't played it in years.
Please tell me that’s a fixed limit game. That could get really expensive.

EB40E271-0ED2-48F0-93E0-3107637D80F0.jpeg

I think they were pranking you
One of the older ladies called me “healthy” when I walked in. I didn’t know if she was flirting with me or making fun of me so I just smiled. This could have definitely been a prank, but I didn’t lose any money so the joke’s on them lol

One of the older ladies called me “healthy” when I walked in. I didn’t know if she was flirting with me or making fun of me so I just smiled. This could have definitely been a prank, but I didn’t lose any money so the joke’s on them lol
“Healthy” = “Husky”

2s, 8s, One Eyed Jacks, Suicide Kings, diamonds and everything black are wild.

Name it. Get it on a card. Play it at Degen in Dallas in August.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom