Theory of spots (4 Viewers)

The suits mold World Top Hat & Cane (WTH&C) home game sets I think took a smart approach to mixing base colors, spot patterns/colors, and a variety of shaped inlays. There are some overlaps, but it is an unusually well-thought out scheme which promotes quick, accurate recognition via multiple visual cues.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/my-paulson-wth-c-tournament-set.11506/

The suits PCR sets and Avalons of course use many of the same chips, but with hotstamps instead of the shaped inlays, so they have a few less visual cues.

I don’t know the whole history of how these came to be produced, but it seems someone had their brain turned on and attuned to these issues.

I'm color blind and I'm gonna have a set made. From the bottom to the top, denomination wise, they will have 1 of the spots on the edge (whatever yall wanna call them is fine by me), up the top denomination which will have 6. I don''t really care about any of the colors or patterns.

Well, of course you would still want to choose colours and patterns based on contrasting combinations that you would be able to differentiate. If it's CPC clay that you are gunning for, you should get full colour and spot pattern samples.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom