Theory of Fusion?

Jimulacrum

Flush
Reaction score
yes, you have to play 2, 3, 4 , or 5 (if playing the 5 card version).
Okay, so minimum 2 and maximum all hole cards.

I'm not sure how much I would like this game. Seems like it suffers the same major problems as Super Hold'em.

I could definitely see myself enjoying it if played as half of a SOHE-like variant, though (SHECI?).

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score

I'm not sure how much I would like this game. Seems like it suffers the same major problems as Super Hold'em.

I could definitely see myself enjoying it if played as half of a SOHE-like variant, though (SHECI?).
Its a horrible game. Most of us don't like it. On dealers choice nights I allow the guys to call what they want as long as its a NL or PL style game. The only thing I really veto is wild card games.

abby99

Full House
Reaction score

Cincinnati has a 4-card board. I don't recall another 4-card board that it could be paired with.

Edit: Can play 1-4 down cards.

abby99

Full House
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to play a round of Fusion 8 (high/low) last evening. We used the following sequence:

Deal 2 cards down to each player
Betting round
Flop
Deal 1 card down to each player still in the hand
Betting round
Turn
Betting round
River
Betting round

We were six-handed and played it fixed limit. IMO, most of the comments ITT were dead on. I scooped two big pots by playing big cards and making Broadway, which was the nuts both times.

I'll be making a card for Fusion and Fusion 8 and will include it in the next update.

Lil Tuna

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to play a round of Fusion 8 (high/low) last evening. We used the following sequence:

Deal 2 cards down to each player
Betting round
Flop
Betting round
Turn
Betting round
River
Betting round

We were six-handed and played it fixed limit. IMO, most of the comments ITT were dead on. I scooped two big pots by playing big cards and making Broadway, which was the nuts both times.

I'll be making a card for Fusion and Fusion 8 and will include it in the next update.
We play a version of this game at my uncles. It’s a great game, we always play it high/low 8.
Difference is they deal all 4 cards to player in beginning with a 3 card community. Then it’s show down betting with first card being shown in community, bet, next card from your hand, bet. And so on.
We normally play a $2-$8 spread limit bet style and you can raise .25 cents to help kill the 3 raise limit. Pots can get crazy big!

power13

Pair
Reaction score
My guys wanted to try this game short-deck last night for a couple orbits for some reason. I think the increased starting hand strength balanced out some of the ability for people to apply a ton of early pressure to buy pots as discussed above. Admittedly this ended up being pure gamble because no one in the group had any experience with fusion or short-deck individually, let alone combined!

Nex

Flush
Reaction score
Discovered this game in the client today.

Anyway, noob's luck, just played some 2¢/5¢ and walked away with a little over $11 profit.

This game mode seems to have just the same crazy hands and swings Omaha has.
Lost a big hand with KKKAA against a turn suckout AAAKK (king on hand)
Rivered quad 3s that were former a 3s over 4s full house, misread my hand thinking villain now probably has a bigger house with 3s and only checked instead of betting. Luckily he checked too... and revealed that he obviously misread his hand too, showing three to a straight in his hand and nothing else lol.

Fun game. I am pretty sure this will be a lot more popular than this dumb Power Up and those other self-invented circus games they had before and then silently axed a while later (Unfold, Showtime).

Top Bottom