The Wedding Set: The Aviary on Knox Street (1 Viewer)

Which inlay design layout do you prefer? See post #43

• Option 1 - Border Text

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 3 - Start from Scratch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the true rookies are those who haven't had kids. ;)

Found this in my home office this morning:

View attachment 252852

Normally I have them up high on my shelves but left them out after moving things around.

My three year old’s explanation:

“Kitty wanted to play.”
Awesome! Mine say, “daddy, can I play with your stackers?” Little do they know...rarely are they stacked :rolleyes:

I'd like to get my wife to play poker, but if she did, I'd never win at my home game, ever!

I feel you. At this point, winning to me is not getting busted by her in the first hand! ;)

But the question we all have us, did you cry when you saw the chips? :p

I certainly would have but fear struck me first. I really was worried I messed up and forgot to pay @iBetOnEverything. Shortly there after I was hit by a rush of panic wondering what else I may have bought in a not-so-lucid state. :bag: It caught on slowly and an hour later when I was throwing out the box I found the card to confirm the surprise.

If I found the card before tearing through the shrink wrap and combing through my pm history, I definitely would have teared up. Maybe not as much as I did while preparing for the ceremony with our officiant but close. (Sorry to those on the losing end of the prop bet that had more faith in my emotions! ;))

Poker player? Does she drink Scotch too?

If she does, you could auction her off here and make a fortune...

No scotch, but she still will buy me a bottle of bourbon or a 6-pack out of the blue so she still passes the test in my books. :) Haha! The same reason ES sets never come up... Just too dang special to ever let go!

and just because you get married doesn't mean you can't still spend some time catching up on PCF shenanigans...! :tup:

Saving this for support years down the road when I inevitably get in trouble! Haha

--Thank you, everyone, for the kind words! Stay tuned for inlay updates!--

Last edited:
Congratulations!!

Now, I know this wasn't your intent but your picture includes some really beautiful Horseshoe Clevelands with several racks of Snappers and many others that caught my attention -- as well as other peoples too I am sure. So, I just wanted to say that if you find yourself in need of some extra space or heck extra spending cash for the Honeymoon, you might consider off loading some of those beauties :)

But seiously, congratulations!!!

Alrighty folks, I need some help on choosing denominations for each color.

We typically play ~9 handed .25/.25 nlhe which plays like .25/.50. Since this is a forever set I have a feeling we may go upwards of 2/5 one day (considering inflation and increased earnings).

I am pretty set on the brown as .05, light blue as .25, almond as 1.00, dark blue as 5.00

There are two more racks each of petunias and dark blues on the way (shoutout to @Bobb59 ) when considering quantities. Of course I do not need to use all of these chips but who doesn’t love a nice 1,500 chip set. ;)

Love to hear your thoughts. I am open to the thought of 2.00, 2.50, 10.00, 20.00, 25,00, 100.00 or anything else with a good enough argument.

Last edited:
If it's to be used forever and anywhere, and be bequeathed, I would avoid any currency marks.
Rather 0.5-1-5-20 (or 10 & 50)-100, which would represent just playing units, be it cents, dimes, dollars, swiss francs (only currency to survive thermo-nuclear war) or peanuts, plus one ND.
Beautiful chips btw:):)

I would avoid any currency marks.

Haven’t thought about that before. You make a good point here! Who knows... maybe we will retire on a beautiful Greek island?

plus one ND.

Didn’t think of this either! Perhaps the purples for the non denomination chip since there are 4 racks without having an open a denom demanding that many chips?

Last edited:
I prefer the second one !
Only improvement I can see is the denom font. The font on the dollar sign is very nice. I just don’t like it on the numbers.

Normally, I would default to red, but that yellow just kills it!

I'm in the midst of semi-custom relabel project right now, and I'm going to have to run yellow up the flagpole. That is just... :tup::tup::tup:

Normally, I would default to red, but that yellow just kills it!

I'm in the midst of semi-custom relabel project right now, and I'm going to have to run yellow up the flagpole. That is just... :tup::tup::tup:

Haha thanks, courtesy of @p5woody !

I’d love to get a few more options. I think we are close to a final product.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

Looks like your set needs a rack of lilacs - think of them as the wedding flowers! lol

I like both, red and yellow. Can’t really tell which one I prefer. I know... this does not help haha.

I may have skipped over it, but are you milling the chips?
Yep! Got the drill press and bit all lined up. Have had terrible trouble with the vice I ordered so I’m going to look for a new one. Struggling to bolt it down and stop bowing up when tightening the chip.

Anyone have a recommendation on a good vice?

The rig is in commission!

P.s. yep, next step is to hook up a vacuum system! :rolleyes:

This is what it looks like without the shavings. Was tough getting it perfectly lined up but once set in place I can knock them out worry free on accuracy.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom