The Wasp's Nest (RHC relabel) (1 Viewer)

JP1984

Flush
Reaction score
I've come a long way in 18 months! (here's where it all began - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...at-bad-confessions-of-a-new-uk-chipper.59959/ )

Now, my first relabel RHC set is complete and The Wasp's Nest is open for business! On my first trip to Vegas, I was called a "F****** Wasp" by someone who didn't appreciate me showing them the nut low, as is the way, the name stuck. So when I was looking for a theme, this came into my head. We also get a ridiculous number of wasps in our garden too, so it's accurate from that peprspective as well....Bank is plenty for our friendly 25p/25p or 25p/50p games.

Sadly, thanks to the awesome work on the labels by @mattross1313 I will probably have to upgrade the cloth on my table now, after only half a dozen games!

Anyway, onto the pictures! Cut Cards will follow once I can find someone in the UK to manufacture them! A case from Alec will also appear one day soon.

Thanks also to @Gear for the labels (and the Argosy's), @BR Pro Poker for the DBs and @jja412 for helping to get these over the pond and into the UK!

The Wasp's Nest 1.jpg
The Wasp's Nest 2.jpg

The lineup
25p.JPG£1.JPG£5.JPG£25.JPG

25p = Lucky Lady $1
£1 = Boulder Station $2
£5 = Argosy $5
£25 = Horseshoe Cleveland $25 (sec)

The custom DB
DB1.JPGDB2.JPG

Splash!
Splash.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the relabel. The set looks great! Love the spot progression.

Side note. Your desired 25 would have given the set a completely different fell due to it having the same spot pattern style & width as the 5s. It would have introduced more yellow into the set than you currently have, which IMO is nicely balanced.

Great line up, yellow FTW! Was a lot of fun working with you on the project :cool
What we doing next? :ninja:
Hahaha, CPC obvs....

Congrats on the relabel. The set looks great! Love the spot progression.

Side note. Your desired 25 would have given the set a completely different fell due to it having the same spot pattern style & width as the 5s. It would have introduced more yellow into the set than you currently have, which IMO is nicely balanced.
You are much nicer since you've been let out! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Thanks though mate, I think you are right. I had the Terrible's fracs in the lineup at one point as a 5p chip, felt like the Twain's would give me that bit of pink I was missing. The yellow wouldn't be a perfect match though.

Hahaha, CPC obvs....

You are much nicer since you've been let out! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Thanks though mate, I think you are right. I had the Terrible's fracs in the lineup at one point as a 5p chip, felt like the Twain's would give me that bit of pink I was missing. The yellow wouldn't be a perfect match though.
im never nice . its always about the banter between the aussies and the british

Looks awesome and well balanced (at least to my eye!) - well done. When's the meetup to take 'em for a spin?

Nov 13 is tentatively scheduled as opening night, but I fear that may get postponed due to real life getting in the way. From the spring we'll be out in the garden playing once a month though. You'll be kept in the loop :tup: I've seen you play.... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ;)

Nov 13 is tentatively scheduled as opening night, but I fear that may get postponed due to real life getting in the way. From the spring we'll be out in the garden playing once a month though. You'll be kept in the loop :tup: I've seen you play.... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ;)
Gotta give action to get action ;) :p

I've come a long way in 18 months! (here's where it all began - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...at-bad-confessions-of-a-new-uk-chipper.59959/ )

Now, my first relabel RHC set is complete and The Wasp's Nest is open for business! On my first trip to Vegas, I was called a "F****** Wasp" by someone who didn't appreciate me showing them the nut low, as is the way, the name stuck. So when I was looking for a theme, this came into my head. We also get a ridiculous number of wasps in our garden too, so it's accurate from that peprspective as well....Bank is plenty for our friendly 25p/25p or 25p/50p games.

Sadly, thanks to the awesome work on the labels by @mattross1313 I will probably have to upgrade the cloth on my table now, after only half a dozen games!

Anyway, onto the pictures! Cut Cards will follow once I can find someone in the UK to manufacture them! A case from Alec will also appear one day soon.

Thanks also to @Gear for the labels (and the Argosy's), @BR Pro Poker for the DBs and @jja412 for helping to get these over the pond and into the UK!

View attachment 801362View attachment 801364

The lineup
View attachment 801365View attachment 801366View attachment 801367View attachment 801368

25p = Lucky Lady $1
£1 = Boulder Station $2
£5 = Argosy $5
£25 = Horseshoe Cleveland $25 (sec)

The custom DB
View attachment 801370View attachment 801371

Splash!
View attachment 801372
So, so good, dude.

Is the amount of yellow in these set coincidental, or purposely to do with the fact that bees are yellow? A black, yellow and white hundo would be amazing, with that in mind.

So, so good, dude.

Is the amount of yellow in these set coincidental, or purposely to do with the fact that bees are yellow? A black, yellow and white hundo would be amazing, with that in mind.
Thanks mate. Happy accident really, I knew I wanted yellow chips, the theme came later. I considered the IOC hundo as my £25 but it's not RHC so I couldn't do it. I've started playing on CPC though :ninja:

Congrats on the great set! It’s always nice to see these types of threads & I really love the line-up.
Cheers mate! I am chuffed with how it turned out.

Color combinantion for each chip and the color choice overall just looks awesome.

great colors, rhc has a lot of options out there. Hope to build a set someday

Time for an update...

I decided I wanted to have a breakdown of 100,200,200,100 in the end, purely for aesthetics, rather than the bigger bank. So, I have 60x more Horseshoe $25s on their way to me on a very slow boat from Canada. I'll keep 100 £5s in the cupboard just in case/or for future use when I get rid of the quarters.

The custom cut cards have just been ordered too...

Here are some pics from the first game!

C483AF52-2D84-499F-A18F-616714D38203.jpegF1A245F0-2F16-4902-B9F6-CA9DE15B6426.jpeg5B38C159-7A75-48B2-BBCF-3B237765B0FA.jpeg2C9ACBD9-D24F-4316-BAB4-BAF1FB8D62CC.jpeg435A784C-8521-4BB0-90CD-EFA61DB7AA35.jpeg

The next 2 games are in the diary and I can't wait, however....when taking pics of the first home game I couldn't help feel like there was something missing, so I dropped Tony an email...now I just need to figure out how to fit this without the boss noticing...any ideas?!

Capture.JPG

love the design, but personally i would ditch all the text. less is more.

Really nice set, loving that bright yellow with the blue, and that is a very sharp inlay, especially with the backstory :LOL: :laugh:

What's does the starting stack look like with the breakdown you went for?

Really nice set, loving that bright yellow with the blue, and that is a very sharp inlay, especially with the backstory :LOL: :laugh:

What's does the starting stack look like with the breakdown you went for?
Thanks mate, we play 25p/50p mostly. So £50 starting stack is:

Player 1 - 8
£0.2512£3.00
£122£22
£55£25
£250£0
39£50.00

Then one rebuy of 4, 24, 5 before we just start handing out 10x £5s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom