The Walking Dead (2 Viewers)

Apologies for threadjack, but has anyone watched another great AMC series "Hell on Wheels"? Cullen Bohannon ROCKS IMO!!!!
Just found the show and I'm glad I did.

The first two seasons were solid. I stopped watching a couple of episodes into S3. Just got bored with it.

The first two seasons were solid. I stopped watching a couple of episodes into S3. Just got bored with it.

Hell on Wheels is all over the place. The writing's a good 10 x worse than TWD, which is saying something.

Some good characters and set pieces but far too many disorientating wtf?!?!! moments in the narrative...

Just caught the most recent episode (been moving to FL) and actually enjoyed it (probably due to the lack of zombie ridiculousness for the most part)

My wife first thought the politician lady might be a therapist when she first started interviewing Rick, although I found it funny she mentioned she was serious about becoming a pro poker player because she's good at reading people.

The episode had some good laughs and interactions between characters, so my favorite episode thus far out of the entire series. Although the place does seem pretty sparsely populated, and obviously the ROTC guy needs a good kick in the pants.

I loved Ricks comment at the end, it reminds me of how Gareth and the cannibals (what a great name for a band) had been welcoming to outsiders and it bit them in the ass and changed them. Would be a nice twist to see Ricks group become the monsters that they've been fighting against so long.

The whole town stinks of people talking out of the sides of their mouths. "I would have been a pro poker player" - what? You either are, or you aren't. There is no I would have been. Did you never have a few spare bucks to run it up? It's not 10 years of college, the barrier to entry is zilch, except skill. So I call her "I would have been" a crock of bull to shake Rick (to prevent him from hiding something), or really, really bad writing. Unfortunately, I love the show but there have been some astronomical blunders - like everything involving the firetruck (if you cannot start the engine, how do you think the water squirts out...magic?), so I feel predictions of the future of the show are meaningless, because we all draw upon logic to hypothesize what comes next, but the writers are not beholden to the same sets of rules.

For all we know, the writers think Alexandria Va. is the home of N.A.S.A. The town plans to board a rocket to form a colony in space, safe from zombies. As we know, if zombies cannot get unstuck from mud, they would be even more useless in zero-g. While up there, they encounter the alien race that sprayed the planet with the virus. After many years of battles back and forth between the 2 unarmed ships, Rick finds an antidote, and sprays it back on earth. When they return, they find no new people have been infected. However, the planet is still ripe with psychopathic warlords. He manages to get separated from the group, and the group gets ambushed before Rick can return. Judith, now 4, gets killed in the massacre. When Rick returns to camp, he see Judith, who was in space when the antidote was sprayed, turned. Rick of course recognises her by her dress and her dolly. Just like the scene from scene 1, episode 1, Rick has to shoot the little girl - who we now recognise as his daughter.

The whole town stinks of people talking out of the sides of their mouths. "I would have been a pro poker player" - what? You either are, or you aren't. There is no I would have been. Did you never have a few spare bucks to run it up? It's not 10 years of college, the barrier to entry is zilch, except skill.

There is nothing wrong in what she said... she was a congresswoman and said she would have become a professional poker player if she had not won reelection. She did win reelection. I can't see it going over terribly well for her political career if she was moonlighting with a second job as a poker pro.

just got through sunday's episode last night and i have to say i really like how they're handling this arc in the show. they're really making it difficult to predict how alexandria plays out. on one hand, it seems they're setting up rick's group to chafe harder and harder against the community until things come to a head. on the other, i'm still quite suspicious that there is a ruse at work among the alexandria residents.

in any case, these have definitely been the most promising two or three episodes of the show in quite some time for me.

I no longer feel that the community is malevolent. I think they will eventually get exiled from the community for numerous reasons - resulting in someone getting killed, because they love to kill off characters.

this made me laugh Capture.JPG

despite it coming from bill simmons, i also chucked.

last night's ep continued the recent run of solid writing and performances imo. i hope it doesn't end up dragging out the tension of deanna trying to decide whether she can trust rick, et al. maybe they'll just end up braining her next week when she realizes her son is dead and loses it.

Looks like I was a couple of episodes behind, just caught the one where Carol steals the guns and the kids catches her doing it. I freaking LOVED how she's dressed like the stepford mom but then she's threatening the kid with death if he tells the secret, that was pretty fantastic.

Still haven't watched the most recent ep yet though.

Tonight's ep should be good. Can't wait to see how Deanna reacts.

It's getting crazy... curious what's going to happen to Rick.

i watched the newest ep last night thinking the entire time that it was the season finale. about 90 seconds to go in the episode, i was thinking, "wow something huge and abrupt is about to happen" and then it ended. i was pretty relieved when i saw the "next week on the walking dead..." segment.

i really like where this is going, but deanna has really become the new laurie in the sense that i cannot wait to see her get killed. as poorly as rick was arguing his point - covered in blood and waiving a gun - i agree with him in principle that these people are fucking clueless and more of a danger to each other than anything else. overall a good episode i thought. hopefully the season finale continues the quality of the last four or five episodes.

Rick will get voted off the island, somehow a horde of walkers will get inside and the dream of Alexandria will be dashed and our ragtag group will be forced back to wandering the road.

What would be better, of course, would be if the core group splits and some that were in Ricks group go with him and some stay and they turn on each other.

Rick will get voted off the island, somehow a horde of walkers will get inside and the dream of Alexandria will be dashed and our ragtag group will be forced back to wandering the road.

that might be the way the group ends up securing alexandria and disposes of its population without having any direct moral responsibility (which might be seen as advantageous by the showrunners in order to avoid forcing the audience to side with a group that basically commits small scale genocide), but i think it's pretty obvious that at least some significant portion of the cast will stay in alexandria in some capacity.

OMG what a turn of events, Ricks crew finds a new community and ruins the status quo. I never saw that one coming.

I'll bet Rick gets voted out of the community, Daryl Glen and maybe a few others will join him, then a few episodes later he will come back to get the rest of his crew and kill the entire village....followed by the walls collapsing and Walkers overtaking it.

The show will conclude with them finally making their way to DC

i will say that one disappointing aspect of sunday's episode was how obviously it telegraphed michonne's ultimate "betrayal". helen keller could have seen that coming.

Just watched the latest episode.
Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it. Rick is gonna lose it.
Can't wait to see that happen all over again.

i will say that one disappointing aspect of sunday's episode was how obviously it telegraphed michonne's ultimate "betrayal". helen keller could have seen that coming.

I didn't look at it as a "betrayal". He is/was losing his mind. She put a temp stop to it.

I didn't look at it as a "betrayal". He is/was losing his mind. She put a temp stop to it.

I viewed it more like she sees certain members of their group not adjusting to a life that doesn't involve constant struggle and she's concerned their outbursts could result in her being tossed back out into the dangerous world that exists beyond the walls, and she's concerned in ensuring that doesn't happen (i.e. she ain't going back out there, she HAS to make it work, she NEEDS what Alexandria has to offer)

I viewed it more like she sees certain members of their group not adjusting to a life that doesn't involve constant struggle and she's concerned their outbursts could result in her being tossed back out into the dangerous world that exists beyond the walls, and she's concerned in ensuring that doesn't happen (i.e. she ain't going back out there, she HAS to make it work, she NEEDS what Alexandria has to offer)

i agree that's it's not a strict "betrayal" (hence the quotes above), but it seems indicative of the break that i think is coming between her and rick. i think she is seeing a path to gradually moving back toward her old self - i.e., not violent and paranoid - and that she'll push to maintain the status quo in alexandria because she thinks it provides the best road back. i don't know that it will necessarily be a complete and permanent break with the group, but at the very least there will likely be some serious tension imo.

Rick will have a gun on Deanna, Michonne will have a gun on Rick and one of the group (Carl, Carol, maybe Sasha in the tower) will take out Michonne.

If you follow up the show with Talking Dead it's been strongly implied at least one of the group is going down (non-spoiler-spoiler alert)
and real-life Abraham has said people are gonna be piiiiissed.

Unless it's Carl I hope it is not one of the original members or Maggie.

Blood's a good look for crazy Rick. Great substitute for the crazy hair/beardage.

He should do blood more often.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Isn't it about time the annoying dog doctor from Teen Wolf mental preacher bought the farm btw?

Unless it's Carl I hope it is not one of the original members or Maggie.

agreed. carl has never not been annoying and that fucking hat makes him the most punchable cast member. i thought this past week when we saw him slo-mo running through the woods that he was going to bite it. it would have been narratively appropriate since the upcoming conflict would be between deanna who had just lost her son and rick.

although i still think they might take him out. he just made his first appearance ever on talking dead last week (i didn't watch, but saw the ad), so maybe they were tossing him on the after-show for his penultimate appearance.

Fact that Carl was on TD is what makes me think he's safe... Too much risk putting the kid on if he's been booted from the show. Some of the adults cry when they're done ;)

Also the announcement of next weeks TD guests makes me nervous (there are 2 known members and a secret guest). Normally it's the unknown one that bit the bullet, I'm hoping they aren't throwing us for a loop so we think the two that have been announced are safe when in reality...

I'm calling it now, it's gonna be Sasha. Completing the trifecta of Tyrese-Noah-Sasha. If it happens I'll be shocked, but I'm not buying into the notion that it's gonna be one of the top dogs kicking the bucket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom