The Walking Dead (2 Viewers)

Do we really need to see Negan doing his act for 90% of every episode?

I got to say, in the first few episodes, wow. Negan was a great villian. Great acting, really dark sht. Best villain I've seen in a TV show. But now his segments seem drawn out, more of the same. I keep waiting for something to happen.

For better or worse, the show keeps me watching. Im too invested. I'll see it through until the end. I just wish they would come up with a new story line vs adding some new bad guy every season. It's like they have a template and fill in fresh names. Enough already. Let's get back to zombies and the big picture. Im not even scared of the zombies anymore.

Remember this guy?

mgid:uma:image:vh1.com:11313305

I wonder why they dont have more hotties in the show? Two left?

433579bde79876d0ffad9134cb9a33b5.jpg

Probably the wrong place to make a case to appeal to the shoe's writers/producers...

...but if they're going to stretch out entire episodes on trivial plot/character "development", could we please have a 44-minute episode of Carl being tortured?

I'd enjoy that very much. Thx

BTW, has anyone else noticed that Carl has one eye and so do cocks?

I just watched Sunday's episode. When Darryl escaped, he walked by a room with guys sitting around a table playing with poker chips. It was hard to see, but it didn't look like they were playing poker, it looked like they were playing some kind of balancing game. Anybody catch this?

I guess they are playing poker. It was only on the screen for a second and I'm still not sure if that's a serving tray or what.
image.jpg

Man, this show has really fallen off. The fact that no one has posted in this thread can attest to that. They really need to get a new show runner, Gimple sucks ass. I was flipping between this and Shameless and Shameless was just the better viewing.

I'll probably watch the mid season premier tonight. :unsure: That Eugene character needs to grow a set and stop being a coward.

The last few mini seasons haven't been nearly as entertaining, imho. But I'm not going to stop now.
Too much fighting. I can't keep track of who's who or where's where with all these battles. But I'll be watching. Neegan is one of the best tv villains ever.

Just finished watching tonight's episode. I can't believe Negan falls just about 2 stories to a basement floor and walks away. And Rick not being able to take him out with an AR before he runs unto the building. (n) :thumbsdown: It getting harder and harder to keep watching.

This is my 2nd season without watching. The first season without, I felt like something was missing. Now the only times I hear people talk about the show, it's never good. I guess I got out at the right time. Just waiting for "final season" or "final episode" now, the rest is just noise.

They showed a helicopter flying over in the mid season finale so that kept me in it. There are some rumors floating around that Fear of the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead will somehow come together. That would be interesting.

Watched through last season, but just never started this one. Honestly, haven't really missed it that much.

exactly how I feel.

It's too bad, because for a long time it was one of the few shows that I would watch nearly live - I'd be in my seat about 20 minutes after it started, just enough time to let the DVR buffer up enough that I could skip most of the commercials. Not with season 7 - by the time the finale aired, I had 2-3 episodes sitting in the queue for me to watch.

I'm not sure if the quality of the show slipped in season 7, or if I just got my fill. I pushed through the end of the season, but when the new one started, I just wasn't interested anymore.

They showed a helicopter flying over in the mid season finale so that kept me in it. There are some rumors floating around that Fear of the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead will somehow come together. That would be interesting.

I watched S1 of Fear, but it just didn't quite grab me the way the original did.

It's too bad, because for a long time it was one of the few shows that I would watch nearly live - I'd be in my seat about 20 minutes after it started, just enough time to let the DVR buffer up enough that I could skip most of the commercials. Not with season 7 - by the time the finale aired, I had 2-3 episodes sitting in the queue for me to watch.

I'm not sure if the quality of the show slipped in season 7, or if I just got my fill. I pushed through the end of the season, but when the new one started, I just wasn't interested anymore.
I think they dragged the whole series on abit too long for me. The first 5 seasons were great, I just feel it got repetitive and almost predictable.

Bumping this thread after 4+ years.

Well, the show went off the rails for several years and lost a ton of fans. In the last few seasons, with Angela Kang at the helm, it definitely had some solid moments, even if the audience just wasn't there anymore. Being a fan of the comic book as well as the show, I felt they did the main series justice with the finale tonight.

There will be several spinoff series with the untouchable characters, so TWD universe is still expanding. Like poker and in life, always have to squeeze every drop of value out of your equity.

Well, the show went off the rails for several years and lost a ton of fans. In the last few seasons, with Angela Kang at the helm, it definitely had some solid moments, even if the audience just wasn't there anymore. Being a fan of the comic book as well as the show, I felt they did the main series justice with the finale tonight.

There will be several spinoff series with the untouchable characters, so TWD universe is still expanding. Like poker and in life, always have to squeeze every drop of value out of your equity.
You are a strong man for lasting out longer than all of us with this show.

I stopped watching after season 4 or 5 (if I remember correctly) , I think it was just going no where at that time and the over - squeezing of the same couple plot plays over and over and over and over again

But kuddo to you for lasting that long till the finale

A quick peak into the AMC offices...
View attachment 1027082
I cut the TV cable cord over 16 years ago. It seems the only means I have found to watch any walking dead series is Amazon Prime but i'd need to pay additionally for AMC access.. I'm sure the shows are great and if the were not beyond a double paywall i'd probably have watched all of them by now. As it stands I have seen The Walking Dead up to season 10... Honestly the show died with Carl.

I cut the TV cable cord over 16 years ago. It seems the only means I have found to watch any walking dead series is Amazon Prime but i'd need to pay additionally for AMC access.. I'm sure the shows are great and if the were not beyond a double paywall i'd probably have watched all of them by now. As it stands I have seen The Walking Dead up to season 10... Honestly the show died with Carl.
You're pretty hardcore, making it to season 10. The year we got Negan was the end of the series for me. Nothing against Negan, it just felt the plot was fully worn out and the writers were just spinning their wheels. It was about as deep a soap opera.

Knowing that they intend to continue the story with not one, but three spin-off series :rolleyes: I wouldn't give it the time to watch the final episode.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom