The Unveiling!! CDI 98 Chip Box (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Introducing my new prized possession...

@alecnetwoodworks came through in a HUGE way!! This thing is immaculate. Every element is well done and he was an absolute dream to work with. He's just so damn talented... I can't recommend Alec enough. You'll not regret it!

I was lucky to have @dmoney share a file of the CDI logo with me that made Alec's job easier and cleaner. This was a huge help! So thanks to @dmoney .

I also need to give credit to the creative mind of @chipinla for the MAJOR input on design elements including my personal favorite of the briefcase latches (combo code 007, naturally). Steve was available at all hours of the day and night when I started second guessing myself and provided invaluable feedback that kept the box from looking like it was designed by a kindergartner. Steve did all of this without ever even having met me. That's just the kind of guy he is... Thanks my friend!

Also, a huge thank you to @RivieraDanny for helping me build this incredible set. Danny was far more generous than he needed to be and sent several cool "bonuses" in our deal. He's one of a kind and our hobby needs more people like him. I hope to help others in the same way Danny has helped me. I appreciate you Danny.

Further thanks to @Windwalker for facilitating the deal with Danny. Krish is a gentleman and he has never hesitated to step in to help out when I've had questions or needed some help in a transaction. Thanks man. You're living the dream but have always been exceedingly kind to this guy from Oklahoma.

Lastly, I'm sure you notice the two empty racks on the top row. They will be filled tomorrow when I get my two racks of fracs back from @Nanook who got them perfectly ready for new labels from @Gear . They should be here in the next 3 weeks or so and I seriously can't wait.

As a James Bond nerd, this set represents the Holy Grail for me and this box just takes everything to the next level... My major buying and selling days are probably behind me, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for a barrel or two of the CDI 98 $1000's to fit in that final partial rack!

I hope you enjoy looking at the box as much as I've enjoyed sharing it with you!

Vic

PXL_20221018_201553931.jpg
PXL_20221018_201601874.jpg
PXL_20221018_201704094.jpg
PXL_20221018_201745120.jpg
PXL_20221018_201827376.jpg
PXL_20221018_201620104.jpg
PXL_20221018_202128144.jpg

Last edited:
Introducing my new prized possession...

@alecnetwoodworks came through in a HUGE way!! This thing is immaculate. Every element is well done and he was an absolute dream to work with. He's just so damn talented... I can't recommend Alec enough. You'll not regret it!

I also need to give credit to the creative mind of @chipinla for the MAJOR input on design elements including my personal favorite of the briefcase latches (combo code 007, naturally). Steve was available at all hours of the day and night when I started second guessing myself and provided invaluable feedback that kept the box from looking like it was designed by a kindergartner. Steve did all of this without ever even having met me. That's just the kind of guy he is... Thanks my friend!

Also, a huge thank you to @RivieraDanny for helping me build this incredible set. Danny was far more generous than he needed to be and sent several cool "bonuses" in our deal. He's one of a kind and our hobby needs more people like him. I hope to help others in the same way Danny has helped me. I appreciate you Danny.

Further thanks to @Windwalker for facilitating the deal with Danny. Krish is a gentleman and he has never hesitated to step in to help out when I've had questions or needed some help in a transaction. Thanks man. You're living the dream but have always been exceedingly kind to this guy from Oklahoma.

Lastly, I'm sure you notice the two empty racks on the top row. They will be filled tomorrow when I get my two racks of fracs back from @Nanook who got them perfectly ready for new labels from @Gear . They should be here in the next 3 weeks or so and I seriously can't wait.

As a James Bond nerd, this set represents the Holy Grail for me and this box just takes everything to the next level... My major buying and selling days are probably behind me, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for a barrel or two of the CDI 98 $1000's to fit in that final partial rack!

I hope you enjoy looking at the box as much as I've enjoyed sharing it with you!

Vic

View attachment 1008816View attachment 1008817View attachment 1008819View attachment 1008816View attachment 1008817View attachment 1008819View attachment 1008820View attachment 1008821View attachment 1008822View attachment 1008836
An amazing concept and well executed. Hats off to all involved and congrats @Wheeler Assembly! :love::love::love:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom