The Smallest Poker Set in the World! I have designed it. (1 Viewer)

poker.buddy

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi there everyone.

I am a young inventor and designer and I am about to release my first product onto the market.

I have developed a compact, travel poker set which I believe is the smallest poker set in the world. It is the same size as a pack of cards but the cards are still normal sized.

"How is that possible?" you might be wondering. Well every card has two circular holes cut through them. This means when the cards are stacked up as a deck there are two tubes through the deck. Inside this space fits two cylindrical chip holders and inside the chip holders are the chips (obviously). As the chips are cut from the same 0.33mm plastic as the cards I am able to fit 108 (i.e. 54 x 2) chips into each pack. In the top of the pack is a flat, rectangular dealer button. On the back of the deck is even the hand values of poker for any newcomers to poker that you might play with. The whole concept of the product is also patent pending.

Now I understand that this is no professional poker set for tournaments but as a casual travel poker set it works brilliantly. With that many poker chips you can have 4, or even 5 at a stretch, people playing with one deck. The problem I have tried to solve with this product is the un-casual nature of poker as a game. When you play poker with friends you normally have to pre-plan it all as, a full poker set is required. Unless you happen to be at the house of a person with a poker set, it is relatively difficult to get a game going.

The POKER BUDDY poker set changes this by making a poker set very compact and easy to carry in your pocket while also being very affordable. It means you don't have to carry around a whole suitcase with you to a friends house or on holiday.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask me lots about the product and let me know what you think of it (the good and the bad). I have been developing this product for around 9 months now and I feel it is at a point where I can show my work and release it on the market.

My Kickstarter campaign should go live some time very soon. I will let you all know when it does.

Anyway I have babbled on enough about the poker set. I will just leave some images of the set in the post.

Thanks for your time.

Paul Church.

IMG_0438 EDIT_1824x2736_1_1024x768.jpg
Double Poker Buddy Set_1024x768.jpg
Poker Buddy Set Signed_1024x768.jpg
Poker Buddy with Extra Chips_1024x768.jpg
Signed Card_1024x768.jpg
Standard Poker Buddy Set_1024x768.jpg

Very nice! Welcome to the Poker Chip Forum.

Thank you. It's been a lot of work but definitely worth it. Any thoughts on it? Or maybe some questions?

The first thing I thought was I wonder how easy it is to shuffle and riffle the cards with them having holes in them?

Your completely justified in thinking about this. It something I worked on quite a lot. One of the reasons the holes are in the center of the cards is to make it less likely that they get stuck when shuffling. I have found through research that most people slightly adjust their shuffle to the accuracy needed for the cards to not get caught. This normally happens after only a few shuffles. Before I made the first prototypes of these it was something I worried about but it turned out to not be a problem. In my kickstarter video there is some example footage of me doing some shuffling.

Your completely justified in thinking about this. It something I worked on quite a lot. One of the reasons the holes are in the center of the cards is to make it less likely that they get stuck when shuffling. I have found through research that most people slightly adjust their shuffle to the accuracy needed for the cards to not get caught. This normally happens after only a few shuffles. Before I made the first prototypes of these it was something I worried about but it turned out to not be a problem. In my kickstarter video there is some example footage of me doing some shuffling.

Oh nice, seems like you thought of everything already :). Wish I could test this bad boy out with some of my poker buddies. I'm sure they'd get a kick out of it. Right now I carry around a small 50 chip set in my car but its in a 6x5x3 case lol. What are you thinking of for a cost?

Awesome idea. Good luck with this. I hope to see this in a gift shop near me. Then i can say I know the guy that made this! ;)

Thanks for all your feedback. Poker Buddy will likely cost $13 including shipping in US and EU.

Are these available for purchase? I hike with scouts and this might be a nice thing for the scouts to have during the downtime on all trips

lol. Diggin up bones! This set does look pretty cool though... Googling now... WML

What is the breakdown of the chips?

Edit: Nevermind -from ChipTalk, circa 2013:
Chip breakdown is
- 25 chips of 100 value
- 26 chips of 50 value
- 28 chips of 20 value
- 29 chips of 10 value.

Unless things have changed. Also, while I was intrigued initially (I always carry a deck of cards in my carry-on or when I travel), comments on CT remind me why it must not have gained traction in the first kickstarter.

Chips as thin as a card = very difficult to pick up on a table
Chip Breakdown is odd at best
A regular deck of cards work. just substitute chips for pretzels, peanuts, pocket change, or any other objects lying around.

Also, why would I ever visit someone's house that does not have a poker set-up? ;)

However, good luck with the project. It's not for me apparently, but neither is Wal-Mart - and I hear they're wildly successful. :)

Last edited:
Ya, I travel a lot, and I travel light. I only bring a carry on backpack with me I travel internationally, and a deck of cards makes the bag. Peanuts have been my poker chip of choice for many years now. Thought this idea might be fun to play around with. I'd buy one just to try it out for fun.

Awesome concept! Personally I wouldn't be able to deal with those chips, i'll rather write it down on paper!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom