The Silver Club - Labels by Gear Labels on Discount's Monacos (1 Viewer)

Quicksilver-75

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Just finished labelling some chips. Very happy with the results thus far. The textured laminate looks stunning even though I wasn't going to use it. Glad I did. Just gives the chips a certain class!

Attachments

• IMG_20150425_151908.jpg
    IMG_20150425_151908.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 815
  • IMG_20150425_151915.jpg
    IMG_20150425_151915.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 816
  • IMG_20150425_151936.jpg
    IMG_20150425_151936.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 720
Wow!! Those look really great Steve!! Great job on the design man...

Don't forget you still have half a rack of red birds at my place, waiting to be transformed! :)

Beautiful job on your design (one of my favorites) and labels. I love the mold on those chips!

Just finished labelling some chips. Very happy with the results thus far. The textured laminate looks stunning even though I wasn't going to use it. Glad I did. Just gives the chips a certain class!
Really like the way these came out! I've been thinking of upgrading a friend's dice chips that he uses for his annual WSOP event as a gift. Where did you order your chips from (Apache?) and did you have to remove the labels that came with the chips or did you order them blank? Thanks and congratulations!

HD

Really like the way these came out! I've been thinking of upgrading a friend's dice chips that he uses for his annual WSOP event as a gift. Where did you order your chips from (Apache?) and did you have to remove the labels that came with the chips or did you order them blank? Thanks and congratulations!

HD

Well they came labeled. I wish they came as blanks. I ordered them through discountpokershop.com
After de-labelling them and working with them I'm not as impressed with them as I was with my samples. Discount messed up my order but corrected it without any questions or hassles. They sell racks that are very good quality for a buck ($1). That can't be beaten.
I will get into it more when I'm home in front of my computer rather than my phone.

Steve.

Love the FDL mold ;)

In all seriousness, the label design and chip mold work great together. Very strong New Orleans/Mardi Gras vibe that looks absolutely fantastic. If only more inexpensive chips could turn out looking this good. Very well done sir.

If you ask me, these would sell very well as a mass produced consumer chip. Very impressed! Enjoy them!!

Last edited:
Love the FDL mold ;)

In all seriousness, the label design and chip mold work great together. Very strong New Orleans/Mardi Gras vibe that looks absolutely fantastic. If only more inexpensive chips could turn out looking this good. Very well done sir.

If you ask me, these would sell very well as a mass produced consumer chip. Very impressed! Enjoy them!!

I absolutely agree with this. It's nice to see cheaper chips being made so much nicer. Wonderfully done Steve!

:oops: Thanks guys. Hopefully one day I will put these on some CPC chips. I doubt they can do the metallic inks though and that is kind of what makes these so amazing in person.

Awesome looking chips. Well done. I'm wondering how you removed the labels? Drill press or just pulled them off?

Just peeled them up using the edge of a scalpel. Then used the edge to remove any mold marks to ensure the new sticker goes down perfectly flat.

Well they came labeled. I wish they came as blanks. I ordered them through discountpokershop.com
After de-labelling them and working with them I'm not as impressed with them as I was with my samples. Discount messed up my order but corrected it without any questions or hassles. They sell racks that are very good quality for a buck ($1). That can't be beaten.
I will get into it more when I'm home in front of my computer rather than my phone.

Steve.

Still waiting to hear the rest of the story..... :)

Thanks Paulo. You were an integral part of the process. If I couldn't have had them dropped to you there was no way I was going to pony up the $70 to have them shipped to me. Kind of like paying $16 to have a $3 chip shipped :D

Dave: I know you like to have samples of the different chips out there. So if you need some of these I can happily mail you some extra unlabeled chips I have...or you could also sample some of Gears great stuff and I can send you some labeled ones...

I have literally hundreds of gear labels, just waiting to be applied. About 7 racks worth, I think. Still in the package, lol, because I'm a lazy/busy (u pick) sob.

Please save me an unlabeled chip until next time I see you (DCS if not sooner). Mostly interested in comparing them to the similar poker knights mold chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom