The Silver Club’s Newest Table. (My First, and Last Racetrack Table Build). (1 Viewer)

Quicksilver-75

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Finally had a few hours to put on the final touches. Cup holders and chiptray. Few notes about the table: I HATE racetrack tables. I HATE drinks at the table. Especially ON it. But the people have spoken. I’m gonna give them their wishes this time around. I just had to build it so when shit happens, it won’t be a total disaster.
the legs aren’t fastened and are just better than using the horses. So that why they aren’t straight. Total time in this is probably about 30 hours or so. Using sunny days and a stretch of really warm weather to get the dusty stuff done. The rail used a really neat vinyl that was TERRIBLE to work with. It took 11 hours on its own to do properly. Parallel lines were a bad idea and made getting them to run straight meant it had to be done 3 times to get right. 1500 staples later...
The felt is a nice, heavy suede with an unusually thin 1/8 Valora. I’ve found it gives enough give to allow the cards to pop up. I chose this for two reasons: 1) we have two tables with 1/4” and chips bounce and roll just a little too much for my liking. 2) the biggest factor, I didn’t really want a 1/4” difference between the track and the playing surface.
Anyways. I can’t tell you how happy I am this is over. I don’t think I’d have started it if I knew it was going to be such a pain. 1st track build and my last.
E1067A34-401F-4788-B0A6-9DD806C6D222.jpeg
1155FE89-0DFC-4117-9C86-31927D2E44CF.jpeg
D56F8889-632A-489C-BC52-EBB0A9E35409.jpeg
A0AEF11A-C9E8-473C-BBBA-4DF994ECB90D.jpeg
3FF29FE8-A63F-403F-8D63-3B0206AEAE05.jpeg
846B01F6-0869-42BC-93F1-43A6421067E4.jpeg
AAF7B04C-FD6E-4C88-9762-03788EA8BEAE.jpeg

Thanks, Pat. Looking at these pics made me remember. I also need to straighten some of the tacks...don’t do the tacks in low light...:banghead:

Great looking table. I'm pretty sure this is a lot of peoples' "Dream Table" - "Racetrack with cup holders?!?! I'm All-In!!!"

I used to laugh in my head that racetrack tables weren't just annoying to play on, they were harder to build as well. Your story has made me cry a little in my head. :(

But, it is beautiful, and with a dedicated dealer, most of the drawbacks of a racetrack and cupholders are lessened - except for the damned clacking. :banghead:

I hate racetrack builds (experience being the first one we built) but if I have to play on one, dropped cupholders is the way to go, so you might've shot yourself in the foot if you wanted to prove it would be a mess to play on :LOL: :laugh:

In any case, you executed this to perfection, and even though the rail was a pain, I wouldn't look at this feeling anything other than pride if I were you.

Plus I always get jealous when I see people who can build a full time dealer slot because it would just be a waste for our game :meh:

This table came out beautiful. I normally don’t like race tracks but this one looks great. What are the specs of the table?

Great looking table Steve. I’m not a fan of racetrack tables either, but that one is classy!

As with everything you put your mind to Steve, absolute perfection!! I am a fan of race track tables, this is by far the nicest I have seen!

I was lucky enough to see pics in the process of building! That silver rail material was literally made for you!!

Prestigious as hell, and hope someday Brie and I can play a game on this beauty!!

Two thumbs way up brother!!

Ben

At first glance I thought the birdies might be your felt! Looks great Steve!!
This table came out beautiful. I normally don’t like race tracks but this one looks great. What are the specs of the table?
8’ x 4’. 2x 4’ circles to make the lobes. 6” rail with a 5 1/2” track. The rail has a 1/2” overhang. The dealer spot is also cut on the same 4’ circle if you follow me. :confused
This was my inspiration.
501011F7-C9A9-49B1-BB51-1CB07C4F212F.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom