The Sazerac Room @ TPP (CPC FDL Cash Set) (1 Viewer)

Tonysquander

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
0466254D-431C-4E75-A07B-A33B0B14FEEF.gif

I am very pleased to introduce to the PCF community my custom CPC 39mm 1-1/16" inlay FDL cash set: The Sazerac Room which is located within the friendly confines of The Poker Pit ("TPP"). I hope you like them as much as I do. The inspiration behind the name, theme and colors comes from growing up in the New Orleans area. The FDL itself is synonymous with NOLA. The Sazerac Room is named in tribute to the Sazerac cocktail which is reported to be one of the first cocktails ever created. It was first mixed by a French apothecary in the depths of the French Quarter in 1838. The Sazerac Room is the cash game location within TPP where my league plays its tournaments. During tournaments, the bust outs gather there for some cash game action while sipping on Sazeracs and/or other adult beverages while they await the next tourney to start. The overall inlay design is based upon one created years ago for my table felt. The chip colors and the inlays colors are intended to be complementary and not identical. The colors chosen for the chips approximate my high school colors (.25), favorite jersey colors of the New Orleans Saints ($1 - color rush/$100 -home jersey), Loyola University ($5), the colors of Mardi Gras during the day ($25) (lighter, brighter) and at night ($50) (neon, darker, boozier), and LSU colors ($500).

I know, I know, someone just got tilted. $50 chip???...what?, why?, doesn't he know chip denoms should be in multiples of 4 or 5? I do, however, this was an intentional choice. I wanted this chip to play on the felt and not just sit on the side staring forlornly at the action in the middle of the table. The group I play with has been together for decades and I have a pretty good feel for their cash buy-ins and betting at this point. The $50s and $100s are much more likely to hit the pot than the $500 would be, therefore I favored creating what some would label an "odd" or "wasted" chip denomination in addition to the 5x "standard" $500 chip that will likely rarely be used.

I also want to express a lot of thanks for the ton of design time and hard work put into the inlay design by my non-chipper good friend, Sean at Bayou Fire Media, as well as thanks to @David Spragg who has more patience than anyone I know. Frankly, I cannot thank David and his team at CPC enough for their amazing responsiveness and for putting up with all of the wrong turns, design/chip changes, questions, adds, deducts, troubleshooting of illustrator files, etc. that it took to reach the finish line. Thank you again to David and his team of artisans for their incredible attention to detail and also for keeping the art of custom chip-making alive and available to folks like us. I truly enjoyed the process and, like it or not, CPC will be hearing from me again!

OK, without further ado, here are the pictures and information on the chips:

Denomination: .25
Spot: 3V12
Base Color: Dayglo Peacock
Spot Color: Dayglo Peach/Dayglo Yellow
Avg. Weight: 8.19g

aFAl6UX.jpg
EP8Gsrl.jpg

Denomination: $1
Spot: 414
Base Color: White
Spot Color: Butterscotch
Avg. Weight: 8.75g

35452A9A-FD13-43F8-B9C6-38552C73A12F.jpeg
14B71C74-0305-4248-B742-129FC84A6A59.jpeg

Denomination: $5
Spot: 4DSA18
Base Color: Red
Spot Colors: Dayglo Arc Yellow, Dayglo Saturn
Avg. Weight: 8.7g

58698360-C279-49F7-89BC-9BB5549B5B6E.jpeg
50E741EA-C3D1-46D3-BDB5-A6B3F62E6AEF.jpeg

Denomination: $25
Spot: 6TA14
Base Color: Light Green
Spot Colors: Lavender, Green, Yellow
Avg. Weight: 8.77g

0A971927-D60D-4FE7-A6FF-FF677E1FB800.jpeg
73E83660-C6CC-4B42-99D6-38316296334F.jpeg

Denomination: $50
Spot: 414418
Base Color: Blurple
Spot Color: Dayglo Green, Canary

BC2CB0B6-BFF4-4C66-AB26-16751C7C3C6F.jpeg
BF25E4DF-0E23-45E6-9E07-91A65E855CD4.jpeg

Denomination: $100
Spot: 814
Base Color: Black
Spot Color: Yellow
Avg. Weight: 8.57g

56AB6F22-A5A9-4456-A742-4633566DB2DE.jpeg
232B9CF0-C88A-4A57-BB90-98B8AE74281E.jpeg

Denomination: $500
Spot: 6DS18
Base Color: Lavender
Spot Color: Dayglo Arc Yellow
Avg. Weight: 8.61g

2yFwPie.jpg
cS5jaBM.jpg
wnYu1N3.jpg

B80BEDC5-1DF5-4F3A-982D-031AB88FC7BC.jpeg

MjtCa3E.jpg

8uQpFp3.jpg

30331D1F-5919-4B46-9F25-A909372A7C73.jpeg

mc4DCT2.jpg

V8fId9S.jpg
Image.gif

4C3CF110-38E5-4029-8627-31FE31CF184B.jpeg

3B012D41-55DB-4EB0-B4D9-6293CA6E5ED7.jpeg

PcwjCeM.jpg

xkix4Hi.jpg

Vga61p1.jpg

IAdJOvP.jpg

mjJUzxP.jpg

j3CFt1F.jpg

bofvTkr.jpg

Attachments

• 3A761947-31CD-4F36-BFD4-DF0EB982CE5A.jpeg
    3A761947-31CD-4F36-BFD4-DF0EB982CE5A.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 805
  • 5530D871-F0E2-4E47-AAF3-3E03FECB6E37.jpeg
    5530D871-F0E2-4E47-AAF3-3E03FECB6E37.jpeg
    292.3 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Love the night and day Mardi Gras effects. My color scheme plans are similar with the PGG, and LSU and LA Tech for my alma maters. I have toyed with a carnival themed set with each of the krewe’s having a chip with their colors and the inlay artwork matching, Muses and shoe, Babylon and Jester, Zulu and coconut, etc.

Love the night and day Mardi Gras effects. My color scheme plans are similar with the PGG, and LSU and LA Tech for my alma maters. I have toyed with a carnival themed set with each of the krewe’s having a chip with their colors and the inlay artwork matching, Muses and shoe, Babylon and Jester, Zulu and coconut, etc.
Fantastic idea. That would be an epic set.

Sample sets available?? Dibs
I was pretty new at this chipping thing when I placed the order so was more looking at the amounts I felt were sufficient for a cash bank for my players as opposed to doing extra sample sets. Now of course I wish I would have ordered more…lol. They did send some extras which I assume may be error chips but at first glance they looked fine to me. Will take a closer look at them and see if they are sample quality.

I was pretty new at this chipping thing when I placed the order so was more looking at the amounts I felt were sufficient for a cash bank for my players as opposed to doing extra sample sets. Now of course I wish I would have ordered more…lol. They did send some extras which I assume may be error chips but at first glance they looked fine to me. Will take a closer look at them and see if they are sample quality.
Not error chips. just extras they made to cover ones that didn't pass QC.

I have always appreciated the extras, but have never relied on them.

Detailed comments on this set once you post some extra photos, but my first take is these are beautiful. So happy to see some FDL love!

Dibs still!
1651636534852.gif

Love the design and it's always awesome to see butterscotch get mixed into a lineup. And that color combo on the fifty pops!

Great chips and a great drink. I have a full bar in my basement (The Old State Club) and that is the house drink!

NOLA is also my favorite city. We were staying at the Roosevelt hotel when the Covid lockdown started and the Sazerac bar the was where I had my last drink before everything reopened again!
04263C69-78E9-4011-9AD2-2ABA61866EBF.jpeg

Great chips and a great drink. I have a full bar in my basement (The Old State Club) and that is the house drink!

NOLA is also my favorite city. We were staying at the Roosevelt hotel when the Covid lockdown started and the Sazerac bar the was where I had my last drink before everything reopened again!View attachment 905929
What a great way to go into a lockdown! The Roosevelt is old school NOLA awesomeness and their Sazeracs are second to none (other than mine :LOL: :laugh:)!

I am very pleased to introduce to the PCF community my custom CPC 39mm 1-1/16" inlay FDL cash set: The Sazerac Room which is located within the friendly confines of The Poker Pit ("TPP"). I hope you like them as much as I do. The inspiration behind the name, theme and colors comes from growing up in the New Orleans area. The FDL itself is synonymous with NOLA. The Sazerac Room is named in tribute to the Sazerac cocktail which is reported to be one of the first cocktails ever created. It was first mixed by a French apothecary in the depths of the French Quarter in 1838. The Sazerac Room is the cash game location within TPP where my league plays its tournaments. During tournaments, the bust outs gather there for some cash game action while sipping on Sazeracs and/or other adult beverages while they await the next tourney to start. The overall inlay design is based upon one created years ago for my table felt. The chip colors and the inlays colors are intended to be complementary and not identical. The colors chosen for the chips approximate my favorite jersey colors of the New Orleans Saints ($1 - color rush/$100 -home jersey), Loyola University ($5), and the colors of Mardi Gras during the day ($25) (lighter, brighter) and at night ($50) (neon, darker, boozier).

I know, I know, someone just got tilted. $50 chip???...what?, why isn't it $500, doesn't he know chip denoms should be in multiples of 4 or 5? I do, however, this was an intentional choice. I wanted this chip to play on the felt and not just sit on the side staring forlornly at the action in the middle of the table. The group I play with has been together for decades and I have a pretty good feel for their cash buy-ins and betting at this point. The $50s and $100s are much more likely to hit the pot than a $500 would be, therefore I favored creating what some would label an "odd" or "wasted" chip denomination over a 5x "standard" $500 chip that would rarely, if ever, actually be used (which, to me, is the real "wasted" chip). Additionally, I wanted the NOS colored chips to bookend the current set and for the two MG day/night inspired chips to be next to each other in the lineup. If the $50 really tilts you, just pretend it has an extra 0 on it, and you will feel better in the morning.

I also want to express a lot of thanks for the ton of design time and hard work put into the inlay design by my non-chipper good friend, Sean at Bayou Fire Media, as well as thanks to @David Spragg who has more patience than anyone I know. Frankly, I cannot thank David and his team at CPC enough for their amazing responsiveness and for putting up with all of the wrong turns, design/chip changes, questions, adds, deducts, troubleshooting of illustrator files, etc. that it took to reach the finish line. Thank you again to David and his team of artisans for their incredible attention to detail and also for keeping the art of custom chip-making alive and available to folks like us. I truly enjoyed the process and, like it or not, CPC will be hearing from me again!

OK, without further ado, here's the pron and information on the chips:

Denomination: $1
Spot: 414
Base Color: White
Spot Color: Butterscotch

Denomination: $5
Spot: 4DSA18
Base Color: Red
Spot Colors: Dayglo Arc Yellow, Dayglo Saturn
Avg. Weight: 8.7g

Denomination: $25
Spot: 6TA14
Base Color: Light Green
Spot Colors: Lavender, Green, Yellow
Avg. Weight: 8.77g

Denomination: $50
Spot: 414418
Base Color: Blurple
Spot Color: Dayglo Green, Canary

Denomination: $100
Spot: 814
Base Color: Black
Spot Color: Yellow
Avg. Weight: 8.57g

View attachment 905484View attachment 905485

View attachment 905486View attachment 905487

View attachment 905488
View attachment 905665View attachment 905666
View attachment 905671

source.gif

Due to some last minute adobe illustrator glitches, I did not really get a post ready proof so here is one I made from the CPC design tool.

proof.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom