The Roost - Baltimore Pride (1 Viewer)

EventHorizonVII

Two Pair
Reaction score
I will be ordering my suede from @T_Chan Monday it looks like and with that I will begin saving for custom chips, for now I'm relabeling spirit mold chips and will get labels from @Gear for that but I need you help. It's black, it's white yeah yeah yeah...

@p5woody did the artwork, he is awesome.

Ahem, I can't decide on label background color :cool:

epV7PJR.png

ssNim6W.png

May create a full pic of the black later but here is the white...for now. chip colors and spots are open to critique!

OzOKjcw.png

Table:

jG2Vxas.png

Last edited:
If it wasn't a Baltimore-sports-themed set I'd raise an eyebrow at the amount of orange and violet in the chips... ;)

They'll be a great match for your table surface.

I especially like the chip color and spot pattern you chose for the 5.

Regarding the inlay color: your coat of arms is fairly dark on the left side. A white backdrop might be a better choice given the greater contrast.

Last edited:
Love the felt. Full disclosure - while I like the chips generally, can't say I like the choice of pink for the quarters, given the MD themed spot and label colors...did you play with a yellow option?

I did, it's a possibility I just like the idea of a typical snapper color as my quarters. Silly I know given the theme.

vwdvrWu.png

Thoughts:
  • I would prefer the white inlays with your table. They will stand out a bit better, especially with the $100 on that black felt.. I also prefer white inlays in general, so yeah.
  • I would tighten up the radius on your "The Roost", "Est. 2018" and "Quarter" etc denominations so it is proportional to the radius of the inlay. To me, when those don't match it looks off. If they were my chips it would bug me.
  • Consider making the Baltimore emblem smaller and centered vertically, and fit the denomination a little bit better. Maybe you don't need the denomination at all on that side? Things to think about.
  • Having the "Est." and "2018" in different fonts is a bit distracting.

Do you have color samples?
With your chips being a darker color, I like the white inlays a little better.

Also think that the $5 would look much better with a white spot than the purple. More Orioles-esque

Are you going to FanFest Saturday. Even though I’m a Sox fan, I’ll be there (new season tickets holder here)

Do you have color samples?
With your chips being a darker color, I like the white inlays a little better.

Also think that the $5 would look much better with a white spot than the purple. More Orioles-esque

Are you going to FanFest Saturday. Even though I’m a Sox fan, I’ll be there (new season tickets holder here)
I wish I could go. I live in NC now but that is my hometown. I come up once a year see family and visit old haunts. One of the best aquariums in the country I think!

I will get color samples before I make final choices just something I've been tweaking here and there.

hate to be a spoiler here, but dem's some fugly inlays! might want to get some assistance from a pro designer... for help with things like fonts etc.

hate to be a spoiler here, but dem's some fugly inlays! might want to get some assistance from a pro designer... for help with things like fonts etc.

I don't think the inlays are finalized, except for the shield.

I think white labels will look better. Will give some contrast against both the chip and the dark felt of the table.

Some ideas that Woody has thrown together for me. The bottom middle and top right look nice. Maybe remove the shields on the top right and put The Roost Est. 2018 and leave the denom in the middle?

Happy to hear suggesitons. Suede is ordered and on the way!

oDKpAbX.png

I nominate an A and B side inlay

lower left for side A (perhaps lose cardroom here and increase the font to the same as the middle lower)
upper right for side B (but lose the shields they will probably just look like rainbow blobs on an inlay)

I wouldn't combine numbered and lettered denominations (i.e. "25" and "twenty five") on the same side, since this is redundant. Put them on opposite sides. Maximize the size of your shield - it is the most complicated graphic you have.

My initial thought is this:

1) Use the top row, centre graphic as a base. Remove the number. Enlarge the shield a bit. Keep the "Twenty Five"
2) On the other side, use the bottom row, centre graphic as a base. Remove the shield, replace with a number using a colour (or two) different from your text. Perhaps orange outlined in blue, which are some of the dominant colours in your shield graphic anyway.

What will you do for the denominations with odd numbers? Any thought to making the shield more of the background, but at 50-75% opacity?

Mark
Do you mean for denomdenomin of 100+? Just alternate the orange and purple I guess.

What may be neat is to lower opacity of the words The Roost and increase the shield so that the shield is over the letters like they were behind it.

Or just remove them and have a big ol shield and a denomination in letter form.

Do you mean for denomdenomin of 100+? Just alternate the orange and purple I guess.

What may be neat is to lower opacity of the words The Roost and increase the shield so that the shield is over the letters like they were behind it.

Or just remove them and have a big ol shield and a denomination in letter form.

Or add a Patriots Logo... :whistle: :whistling:(y) :thumbsup::rolleyes: buwahahah

Reactions: 72o

x2 on this suggestion, most of your other chips have nice contrast between the base and spots, adding white here will continue the trend and make it pop more. Would also be cool to see DG tiger worked in here somewhere, maybe switch out the DG orange spots in the blurple chip. DG orange is only "day glow" in name, it's not that different from orange (get those samples :) )

Imo, the numbers should be one colour. I'm not really feeling the purple & orange. From a quick glance but the '5' stand out much more than the '2' and doesn't look cohesive.

So additional images based on some other suggestions. Going to ruminate on this for a week or so before I decide but the shield label in this post is the winner. I like it the way it is now. Can't wait to lock it down, time to start saving for the chips :)

yb19SaX.png
y0H055c.png
2bAayx8.png
JmeH2f9.png

The large shield with the denom text underneath turned out BEAUTIFULLY!

The background shield underneath the numerical denom is a nice touch! If you think you don't have enough blue, just increase the thickness of the border, OR fill in the small white areas in the inner circle outside the shield with a bit of blue.

Did you mock up all the denoms so you can see the overall size of your text for your highest value chips (100/500)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom