The Rack #2 - Photos & Pricing (1 Viewer)

PokerChipsDesign

Straight
Site Vendor
Reaction score
This is the last of my poker accessories : The Rack #2

• Different materials and looks : "Brut" made with MDF wood, "Smooth" made with white acrylic, "Clear" made with gray acrylic.
  • Dimensions : 213 mm x 77 mm (height without chips : 18.4mm)
  • Fits perfectly with Paulson, Ceramics or ASM chips.
  • Stackable and "Bird-cage" ready
  • Engraving possible (on large areas)
  • Strenght test with 1kg of chips :
  • PNY Poker chips not included :rolleyes:

Pricing :

• "Brut" made with plywood : 9,90€ ($12.30) - delivered not assembled (superglue needed)
  • "Smooth" or "Clear" made with acrylic : 12,90€ ($16) - delivered assembled (with special acrylic glue)
  • Discounts: -5% for more than 5 racks ordered -10% for more than 10 racks ordered

Shipping : to be defined

Close-up photos on my blog : http://www.pokerchipsdesign.com/2014/12/the-rack-2/

the-poker-rack-color-wood-300x231.jpg
the-poker-rack-color-gray-300x231.jpg

the-poker-rack-color-white-300x231.jpg
the-poker-rack-stackable-1-300x231.jpg

the-poker-rack-stackable-2-300x231.jpg
the-poker-rack-300x231.jpg

the-poker-rack-close-up-300x231.jpg
the-poker-rack-close-up-2-300x231.jpg

Last edited:

stocky

Full House
Reaction score
Hi. How hard are the Brut ones to assemble? And do I need a special glue?

Thanks
Paul.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Also could please add dimensions of the outer length and width if it's not to much to ask?

Mango

Pair
Reaction score
Great video, really shows their strength.

Question about the underside, it looks like there are 2 parallel rails that rest on the chips in the tray underneath, how wide are those rails? would it be accurate to say that the weight of the tray would be resting on only 10 or maybe 20 chips?

ski_ex5

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look great. A couple questions...

• Fits perfectly with Paulson, Ceramics or ASM chips.
The term "Fits perfectly" tends to be rather broad these days. What is the exact (inside) width of the chip barrels?

• Stackable and "Bird-cage" ready
Someone else requested this in the other thread, but it would be great to see a photo of the underside of the tray to see how they stack.

Also, I have not checked the dimensions of your racks against the dimensions of my birdcages, but the newer version of the Trademark birdcage is noticeably smaller in width, length, and height than the older version. With the new version, the acrylic cover barely fits around and over 10 racks of chips in Paulson brand racks. Separate issue, but the new version has thinner walls, too (thinner acrylic); all in all, I find the quality is very poor compared to the older version.

Thanks.

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
i guess i'm just a lazy bastard, but i have a hard time imagining ordering the plywood version knowing i'd have to assemble them on my end.

is the purpose of requiring the customer to assemble to minimize cost of production, cost of shipping, or likelihood of breakage during shipping? or none of the above...

MikeNV79

Pair
Reaction score
I would think you want to use wood glue instead of super glue on plywood right? Something like Gorilla glue.

ski_ex5

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think you want to use wood glue instead of super glue on plywood right? Something like Gorilla glue.
Good point, though Gorilla glue expands like crazy (one of its features), so unless you could keep the parts clamped while the glue dries (always preferable, if possible), I'd use regular wood/carpenter's glue. And yes, I agree that would be better than superglue (cyanoacrylate), which works best on smooth hard surfaces.

PokerChipsDesign

Straight
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your comments & questions, I'll try to answer my best :D

Question about the underside, it looks like there are 2 parallel rails that rest on the chips in the tray underneath, how wide are those rails? would it be accurate to say that the weight of the tray would be resting on only 10 or maybe 20 chips?
The underside rails are 3mm thick.
The weight rests on 2 points for each stack (2 rails) and 2 chips for each point, so yes the weight -evenly distributed- of the tray rests on 20 to 30 chips.

The term "Fits perfectly" tends to be rather broad these days. What is the exact (inside) width of the chip barrels?
The inside holes are : 25mm x 67.5mm, suits for 20 Paulson or Ceramic Chips with 0.5mm of free space

Someone else requested this in the other thread, but it would be great to see a photo of the underside of the tray to see how they stack.
On my blog, you will see 2 pics showing the underside of The Rack : http://www.pokerchipsdesign.com/2014/12/the-rack-2/

is the purpose of requiring the customer to assemble to minimize cost of production, cost of shipping, or likelihood of breakage during shipping? or none of the above...

The goal here is to make shipping easier only.
But if you want the rack assembled before shipping, that's not problem, it's very quick and easy to do.

PVA, wood glue or superglue will be sufficient. I use superglue...

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The inside holes are : 25mm x 67.5mm, suits for 20 Paulson or Ceramic Chips with 0.5mm of free space

Your referenced free space numbers are incorrect for Paulson chips and most ceramics. New/mint Paulson chips will have more wiggle room than just 0.5mm, and used chips will have a lot.

Racks that perfectly fit Paulson chips (and most ceramics) have 66.7mm wide barrels, not 67.5mm. Some (not all) ASM/CPC chips are a tad thicker, and require 67.7mm racks.

PokerChipsDesign

Straight
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks BGinGA for your comments and corrections.
I've tested my rack with mint paulson PNY and Apache's, Sunfly ceramics and 67.5 was ok for me.
I'll make it 67.7mm to fit more chips.

BGinGA

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were in the market for custom wooden racks to fit Paulson chips, I'd want them to be 66.7mm with near-zero wiggle. Excessive wiggle makes racks very unstable when stacked, and can even result in damaged chips. You may want to consider offering both sizes.

courage

Full House
Reaction score
Has anyone received these? I never got mine from the Giveaway. I thought redbelly has some, maybe others?

Top Bottom