THE PRESTIGE GROUP BUY (GB COMPLETE) (4 Viewers)

The color variability in the different photos, proofs, mock-ups, etc is pretty wide. Some are almost electric-looking. Others are rather muted (for the same chip). Which is it? What is the truest representation of the colors?

This is kind of a technical question, please let me explain it a little bit:

Both @p5woody and our designer are using CMYK color mode for the designs as well as the digital proof, the CMYK color mode is kind of like a 'readable' message (or protocol) for the printers during production.

While displaying a CMYK color on a computer/cell phone screen, there will be a converting process, the color mode will be turned into sRGB/RGB mode depending on what monitor or screen you are using, the converting process causes color distortion, this may be one of the reason why you are seeing color variation on different proofs or photos.

And the other reason is that we used jpeg format for the first few proofs, sometimes the jpeg files cannot be converted properly by some software, you may possibly see a very distortion color, in most cases they are very vibrant, we saw this problem and immediately changed the format into PDF which is more reliable on displaying the proper colors on screens.

None of these will effect the final colors printed on a chip, since the printer only recognize CMYK values, and we also use our own ICC profile to control the output colors.

In most cases, if a customer need the colors to be reproduced precisely on our chips, we'd use Pantone codes for color matching. Or, in rare cases, we'd even send color chip sets to the customers to choose from, these are the solutions of how to avoid color variation/distortion.

For the PRESTIGE design set, Woody provided us Pantone code, and the match is perfect, you don't need to worry about the color variation. I'd suggest you to look at the actual sample pictures to decide if you like the colors or not.

So this one?

prototype1.jpg

As opposed to this one: (photo re-posted without permission)

wow.jpeg

Anyone think there could be dirty stack issues between Red and Yellow? If so, think that anyone using Red would need to switch to Lemon?

@SUN-FLY Poker Chips any chance we could request a few pictures of some different colors in dirty stack combinations?

Having a tough time deciding on the colors though.
Perhaps my favorite chip in the lot is the blue $1. I'm almost tempted to go purple frac, blue $1, red $5 and yellow $20, in the original line-up. But I also love the green/yellow chip enough to make it a frac, and am tempted by the white $1. Tough choices.

Literally the same dilemma I faced with the Emerald Bays, and I'm facing the same questions here (assuming I purchase any at all). Blue vs. white as a $1, and that decision would affect my frac choice.

I think based on the fact that I went with green fracs and blue $1's on the Emerald Bays, I'd go with a white $1 here and keep the green as a $25, rather than going with a $20, because I like the green chip a lot. Only question then becomes frac color. Blue, purple, and yellow all legitimate options.

Apologize for my ignorant - can you explain what 'dirty stack combinations' means?

Sure! So, a dirty stack happens when you have 2 chips of different colors that, when mixed, make it very hard to see that there's a wrong chip in that stack. For example, here's a great picture of a dirty stack. Can you find the pink mixed in with the blue? The blue mixed in with pink is easy.

In my question, I'm asking to see what it looks like if you take 9 Reds and add 1 Yellow in. Also, if you have 9 Yellows with 1 Red mixed in. Since it looks like the "red" edge coloring on the "Yellow" is the same "red" as on the "Red" chip, there could be problems. So, a switch to Lemon might be necessary

I don't think Sun-Fly has multiple chips of each final prototype, so creating a dirty stack is probably not possible. Best they can probably do is stack the two 'color-suspect' chips on top of each other.

Sure! So, a dirty stack happens when you have 2 chips of different colors that, when mixed, make it very hard to see that there's a wrong chip in that stack. For example, here's a great picture of a dirty stack. Can you find the pink mixed in with the blue? The blue mixed in with pink is easy.

In my question, I'm asking to see what it looks like if you take 9 Reds and add 1 Yellow in. Also, if you have 9 Yellows with 1 Red mixed in. Since it looks like the "red" edge coloring on the "Yellow" is the same "red" as on the "Red" chip, there could be problems. So, a switch to Lemon might be necessary
I don't think Sun-Fly has multiple chips of each final prototype, so creating a dirty stack is probably not possible. Best they can probably do is stack the two 'color-suspect' chips on top of each other.
@SUN-FLY Poker Chips these are examples of dirty stack photos: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-poker-chips-now-available.34127/post-1103068

Assuming you don't have multiple chips produced yet, maybe just a couple of pictures completely from the side (like in the link above) of the prototypes grouped by color, something like:

White
Grey
Blue
Black
Turquoise
Green

and

Beige
Salmon
Lemon
Yellow
Red
Fuchsia
Purple
Lavendar

OK, I understand what it means now. Currently our prototype for each color has only 1 piece, all I can do is to stack them together in the frequence as @Irish asked. Would that be good?

until I realized he had time to photoshop-bust MegaTon's balls, but not to take pics of the stacked chips....... wtf

The prototype samples are in our office, I was home while I photoshoped that pic at about 1am here, have to wait till morning when I'm back to the office to take the pics and post.

what does 'Burn op >> Pr0n op' mean by the way?

The prototype samples are in our office, I was home while I photoshoped that pic at about 1am here, have to wait till morning when I'm back to the office to take the pics and post.

what does 'Burn op >> Pr0n op' mean by the way?

OP = original post. There's a good deal of ragging and banter around these parts, he was essentially saying you'll fit in just fine. :LOL: :laugh:

I thought this was frickin' hilarious..... until I realized he had time to photoshop-bust MegaTon's balls, but not to take pics of the stacked chips....... wtf

Or in other words, he's just one of the guys.

Burn op >> Pr0n op, every time. :)
OP = original post. There's a good deal of ragging and banter around these parts, he was essentially saying you'll fit in just fine. :LOL: :laugh:

Thanks for the your explaination. Yeah I'm in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom