The Poker Store buying experience / Scroll 10G ceramics quality (2 Viewers)

I'll be taking a loss.
Was offered $30 off the entire order to keep them... Won't be doing this cause I'll never be at peace with these.

Looking at a 15% restocking fee plus shipping costs. Was also told by ThePokerStore that I could keep the case and everything but the chips, and he'd take off $40 and that'd be it, covering the restocking fee. Thinking about this since it'll help with the shipping expenses. Paid 190 for the complete set of 500.

Unfortunately, the BR PRO tiki kings / Nevada jacks are out of budget, but I'm still thinking about ordering a set of tiki king samples to keep me inspired. I think my dream set is on hold for now, and my college $10 buy-in home game can carry on with our metal insert clays for now.

Yup, they are pretty ugly. I'm kinda getting screwed but hey I should've ordered samples, lesson learned. My friend's dad actually owns the set, He's had them for at least 3 years or so and didn't remember where he ordered them.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but we are having a labor day sale - 20% discount on all Nevada Jacks products (skulls, saloon series, desert sands, and all of the bundle sets which already qualify for free US shipping). Just in case that helps! We don't do sales very often and I was tagged here so just wanted to mention it. :) Sale goes through 11:59pm on Monday.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but we are having a labor day sale - 20% discount on all Nevada Jacks products (skulls, saloon series, desert sands, and all of the bundle sets which already qualify for free US shipping). Just in case that helps! We don't do sales very often and I was tagged here so just wanted to mention it. :) Sale goes through 11:59pm on Monday.
^^ Plus his customer service sets the bar for excellence. :tup:

Thank you so much for reaching out. This forum really is amazing. VERY tempting.. if it were the Tiki Kings on sale I'd be pulling the trigger ;).

I've only heard the best for BR Pro. Good to know!

@tunabubbles did you end up send yours back?

It seems like the ones I posted are a better run than the ones you did. If it's gonna mean you aren't gonna have a set let me know and I'll send you mine for like next to nothing.

My scrolls are set up for craps, not for poker, but I've got a lot of everything. Not sure if it would work out for you.
225 $1
350 $5
250 $25
150 $100
25 $500

I'm looking for an excuse to get a bunch more ceramics from @BR Pro Poker so I don't have a need for them.

@tunabubbles did you end up send yours back?

It seems like the ones I posted are a better run than the ones you did. If it's gonna mean you aren't gonna have a set let me know and I'll send you mine for like next to nothing.

My scrolls are set up for craps, not for poker, but I've got a lot of everything. Not sure if it would work out for you.
225 $1
350 $5
250 $25
150 $100
25 $500

I'm looking for an excuse to get a bunch more ceramics from @BR Pro Poker so I don't have a need for them.

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Just saw this in the classifieds and came here to post it!

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/1-000-scrolls-for-cheap.61701/

Chips are much nicer then OPs and well priced...

**UPDATE**

thanks for all the advice and recs, everyone. I'm now a proud owner of some Tiki Kings. Threw in some photos of the home game setup, my grandfather made the UGA tabletop and I gotta share it somewhere!
IMG-8360.jpg
IMG-8124.jpg
IMG-7883.JPG
8D79F1DB-D030-4849-9094-CFBAF852707F_1_105_c.jpeg

Special thanks to @JustDave for sending me the dealer buttons and bounty chips. Same to @BR Pro Poker for helping me with questions.

Cheers!

Did your friend order from the same vendor? That might explain the variance. Same art design but different manufacturer.

I don't think anyone would be happy with those chips you received. Those 5s like terrible with the offset printing.

You might be screwed with a return. Seller may have restocking fees, etc. And then factor the cost of shipping back.
Might be a stupid question but what's a restocking fee?

Probably a North American thing.

If you buy something, decide you don't like it, and return it to the seller so they can sell it again, they will refund your money less 15% for expenses for processing, reboxing, reshelving, and readvertising. Like a really big rake.

A way for someone to offer returns but dis incentive you from actually returning something.

Also, a lot of vendors get charged a cut when you buy something, and potentially charged a cut when you return something. This keeps them from totally losing out coming and going without actually generating revenue.

If you buy something, decide you don't like it, and return it to the seller so they can sell it again, they will refund your money less 15% for expenses for processing, reboxing, reshelving, and readvertising. Like a really big rake.
Ok thanks, not something I was aware of but good to know.

Ok thanks, not something I was aware of but good to know.
I'm curious, in the UK, what happens if you purchase something online and then you need to return it. It's not defective and the product description was accurate. Do they just take it back and give you your money back? Do you pay shipping or do they pay shipping?

and I know that this doesn't apply to big online retailers like Amazon. I'm talking about a smaller business like a poker store.

I'm curious, in the UK, what happens if you purchase something online and then you need to return it. It's not defective and the product description was accurate. Do they just take it back and give you your money back? Do you pay shipping or do they pay shipping?

and I know that this doesn't apply to big online retailers like Amazon. I'm talking about a smaller business like a poker store.
Usually just return it. Varies company to company if you have to pay the postage but when you buy it it will usually mention this in the terms and conditions. Don't know if anyone else on here from the UK has experienced this bit I've never been charged part of the order cost.

**UPDATE**

thanks for all the advice and recs, everyone. I'm now a proud owner of some Tiki Kings. Threw in some photos of the home game setup, my grandfather made the UGA tabletop and I gotta share it somewhere!
View attachment 548631View attachment 548633View attachment 548634View attachment 548635

Special thanks to @JustDave for sending me the dealer buttons and bounty chips. Same to @BR Pro Poker for helping me with questions.

Cheers!
Happy for you man and LOVE the UGA tabletop. Go Dawgs.

“Like a really big rake”

Thats a fantastic analogy:)

I'm curious, in Sweden, what happens if you purchase something online and then you need to return it. It's not defective and the product description was accurate. Do they just take it back and give you your money back? Do you pay shipping or do they pay shipping?

In Sweden, you ask? For any deal that's struck outside the vendors physical place of business, the vendor needs to offer a full refund, no questions asked, if the buyer for any reason regrets the purchase within two weeks of the customer receiving the product. So anything you bought on the web, or from a telemarketer, or even if a salesman talks to you outside their store but you then went inside to pay, then this applies.

They may charge you the return shipping (unless you return it because of a defect, of course, then shipping is on them), but this needs to be clearly stated. A lot of webshops do offer free return shipping, though.

This doesn't apply for all products. For example, something custom made is of course excluded.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom