The Poker Boom Is Gone. Really. (2 Viewers)

I know you didn't mean anything by it, and I understand what you meant. But maybe he can be the catalyst for their appreciation for the finer things in poker life.

I do a lot of work helping the homeless in my community, and I just saw the pics of your very expensive poker room, that no one i know could afford.

Im sure you can understand my reaction.
Not trying to make a political statement! I know I have been very fortunate and wasn't trying to make an inflammatory comparison.

I know you didn't mean anything by it, and I understand what you meant. But maybe he can be the catalyst for their appreciation for the finer things in poker life.

I do a lot of work helping the homeless in my community, and I just saw the pics of your very expensive poker room, that no one i know could afford.

Im sure you can understand my reaction.

I think in general "the finer things" aren't always appreciated by those who aren't actively seeking them out.

I'm sure you can find the pics of the Hitching Post full of anybody from PCF and elsewhere who had the inclination to attend, as well.

It's not a crime to be fortunate. So many people are at odds with success and what they believe is excess. Perhaps that's because they see the other side of the coin but I just don't get the anger that's directed at those who have had success like they need to apologize for it.

For what it's worth, I enjoy your over the top room and setup and didn't think your post was offensive at all.

I think in general "the finer things" aren't always appreciated by those who aren't actively seeking them out.

I'm sure you can find the pics of the Hitching Post full of anybody from PCF and elsewhere who had the inclination to attend, as well.

All i was saying was that homeless doesn't and shouldn't mean ignorant or stupid.

especially coming from this community who would prefer being homeless than giving up some of their chips :) . including but not limited to mapes, dunes, vineyards and custom sets

I wasn't knocking the man's poker room, his economic status, or his character. I like the room very much. I am sure he is a nice man. I could care less if he was rich or poor.

I just found it ironic that I saw the pics of his room then read what he wrote.

I also know what he meant by what he said.

I was simply felt it necessary to say to him that homeless doesn't and shouldn't mean ignorant or stupid. Which I am sure he agrees.

It is like someone saying something is retarded in front of a person who has an autistic family member. The only thing for sure is that the person was careless with their words.

All i was saying was that homeless doesn't and shouldn't mean ignorant or stupid.

And I don't think anyone here disagrees, or has implied otherwise. I honestly don't see how you derived 'ignorant or stupid' from his post. And your 'retarded' reference, though valid, simply doesn't equate to his comment at all.

No one needs to defend me I think he is right. I didn't MEAN to imply homeless people are less deserving than other people but it is in fact what I did. Nothing mean spirited about it but as someone who works with them it rubbed him the wrong way.

I get it and apologize.

And I don't think anyone here disagrees, or has implied otherwise. I honestly don't see how you derived 'ignorant or stupid' from his post. And your 'retarded' reference, though valid, simply doesn't equate to his comment at all.

There are people commenting on this that didn't understand the intent of my response. Several people seemed to think I was trying to cut the man down for how much money he has. I was not. Obviously they did not read everything that was said.

To say that something is "Like having a caviar and champagne buffet for the homeless."
is to insinuate that homeless people wouldn't understand the monetary significance of being offered caviar and champagne at a buffet. Or worse, that they should not deserve such things. Even the very ignorant should recognize that.

If you feel that using homeless people in a 'pearls amongst swine' sort of way in conversation shouldn't be offensive to someone, then you certainly wouldn't see how his comment could equate to my reference.

No one needs to defend me I think he is right. I didn't MEAN to imply homeless people are less deserving than other people but it is in fact what I did. Nothing mean spirited about it but as someone who works with them it rubbed him the wrong way.

I get it and apologize.

Sorry if i over-reacted. I know you didn't mean anything by it. I definitely didn't mean to blow it out of proportion.

For starters, I read everything that was said by everybody, including 10centguitar's off-the-mark references. I'm not defending what mrtree said, nor condemming 10centguitar for his response to what was posted. However, some of the references and implications that 10centguitar stated in his response were way off base. Nobody said or inferred that the homeless were ignorant or stupid, and 10centguitar very clearly implied that they did. And that's all that I pointed out. The subtle character slams in his responses were also unnecessary and uncalled for.

you uncivilized punkster, go listen to the eagles and chill out.

Careful, you don't want to accidentally offend any bald eagle rescue groups.....

eagles-630x472.jpg

.... who just so happened to save these two fucking eagles.

For starters, I read everything that was said by everybody, including 10centguitar's off-the-mark references. I'm not defending what mrtree said, nor condemming 10centguitar for his response to what was posted. However, some of the references and implications that 10centguitar stated in his response were way off base. Nobody said or inferred that the homeless were ignorant or stupid, and 10centguitar very clearly implied that they did. And that's all that I pointed out. The subtle character slams in his responses were also unnecessary and uncalled for.

::yawn::

Look man, you seem to not be doing a whole lot of things...

If i felt what he said was off-color and decided to say something about it, and you don't like the way I did it,

then im sorry you feel that way.

But I think you've said enough.

No, you're missing the point. In your haste to spit out your poorly crafted responses, you just starting slinging shit and hoped it stuck. When called out for your inaccuracies, you again just starting slinging more. I don't need your apology, nor your slams. GFY and the horse you rode in on.

homeless people are retarded

I'm pretty sure jbutler walks around in real life, carrying a bucket of gasoline. If he ever comes across someone whose clothes are on fire, it will be either hilarious or tragic.

Especially if the smoldering individual is both homeless and mentally challenged.

No, you're missing the point. In your haste to spit out your poorly crafted responses, you just starting slinging shit and hoped it stuck. When called out for your inaccuracies, you again just starting slinging more. I don't need your apology, nor your slams. GFY and the horse you rode in on.

Obviously your little panties are in a wad.

And funny thing is, you're still wrong and too ignorant to see it.

Maybe if you got a more aggressive looking avatar, that wouldn't happen to you.

Started out with potential but now I feel like I'm reading comments on a Yahoo political article.

bored.jpg

yeah, not worth the effort. trolls gonna troll.

Has anyone here read Gopher Blue's newest thread: "Donald Trump? The Ultimate Mean Girl?" yet? Discuss.

@Mr Tree

I was going to suggest the more PC phrase might be "pearls before swine" (if you work with pigs sry) but then looked up its etymology.

Originates from the Bible:

"Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."
Matthew 7:6

I've no idea what JC was up to, giving holy stuff to dogs and pearls pigs. Early efforts with animal experimentation? With results like those described maybe that's why he ditched science for in favor of religion?

Anyhoo, I have a buddy who's given more than a few pearl necklaces to pigs in his time - seeking his insights on this.

My mind immediately thought that would be a cool poker room name.

Pearls before Swine

Also could be a cool restaurant concept. Oysters and barbecue

Parties, poker games and storms are unpredictable. They develop, and some become epic, others just dissipate. You never know what's going to happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom