The Plaza LV thread!! (1 Viewer)

zapla

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello PCF, i start this thread with some pics of my Plaza LV micro CG set, keep this thread alive with yours!
I hope you will enjoy this set, we don't see it often.
This set is playable, but i will continue to search every denom except the Union Plaza $1 chips that i used as 5c, i had enough of them. DSCF4017.jpgDSCF4026.jpgDSCF4025.jpgDSCF4024.jpgDSCF4023.jpgDSCF4022.jpgDSCF4021.jpgDSCF4020.jpgDSCF4019.jpgDSCF4018.jpgDSCF4027.jpg

very nice Mr. Plaza. Now you can stop competing with me :)

Nice looking set of chips. I've always liked blue $1 chips!

ty guys!
i don't know why but i always prefer old school style chips, i got every style of chips but i will never build a giant inlay set, or rhc set, etc...
In fact, i collect only h&c chips, i really love them!

this set combined this and the fact that my name is on the chips, i really love it!

I will post a second set like this soon, classic h&c with my name on... :)

Oh ovo it was never a competition beetween us, but i agree i was disapointed when i PM puggy few years ago for those $1 and he tell me "oh, i've just sold them 2 days ago..." :)

You French guys come up with the sexiest sets, I don't know how you do it.

Every time I see a hot-stamped Plaza chip (usually on eBay), the first thing my eyes see is PAZ (and of course, I want to immediately purchase it to send to him as a gift). And I mean every time, even now that I know it's not.

ty guys!
i don't know why but i always prefer old school style chips, i got every style of chips but i will never build a giant inlay set, or rhc set, etc...
In fact, i collect only h&c chips, i really love them!

this set combined this and the fact that my name is on the chips, i really love it!

I will post a second set like this soon, classic h&c with my name on... :)

Oh ovo it was never a competition beetween us, but i agree i was disapointed when i PM puggy few years ago for those $1 and he tell me "oh, i've just sold them 2 days ago..." :)

I'll keep you in mind if I ever sell.

Great set! Did they ever reopen a poker room there? I always enjoyed the old school downtown places.
Nitzilla

Awesome set man. When I first got into chipping years ago, I started with some Bourbons from Apache. At the time he had those and the $1 Plazas in stock. The plan was to build a set with those Plazas but by the time I paid off the Bourbons, the Plazas were sold out. I was crushed :(. Love those congrats on a great set.

Great set! Did they ever reopen a poker room there? I always enjoyed the old school downtown places.
Nitzilla

Sort of....

The Plaza now "deals" poker on "PokerPro" tables. Electronic poker tables. No chips, no cards - just a monitor in front of each player. They tout it as "more hands per hour, and you don't have to tip the dealer". The Excalibur tried this a few years back, and it failed terribly - and that was during the poker boom. Add to the mix, that the reason players like to stay and play downtown is for the "old school" feel, I cannot see how they thought poker without chips would really take off.

Awesome set...are these live chips! What's the story on these...did you harvest them or buy them as a set? Great job.

hi, maybe the $5 are still live chips, im not sure, i know that the others denom are obsoletes chips.
I built this set since 3 years, i think the more chips i receive at the same time is 20 or 25 chips, i searched every single chips to keep this set playable, it cost me one arm and two brain!
This set will be never finish i think, im still looking for chips, but as this set is playable now, i will not spend too much to continue it :)

im looking for 3 or 4 until months and month (years?...), i sent a message to the seller to buy some, he tell me no international shipping...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom