The Palo Verde (Tournament) (1 Viewer)

Gradient or Solid Inlays?

• Gradient

• Solid

Results are only viewable after voting.

MoscowRadio

Flush
Reaction score
In the 'Poker Chip General' sub-forum I had posted about the 'Wynn Classic' tournament chips and how I liked them. There were actually quite a lot of people who responded positively to those chips. In general, I'm not crazy about wild edge spots, especially on tournament chips. I've always liked tournament sets that didn't implement edge spot progression and I like simple inlays as I think that progression and fancier inlays are more interesting on cash chips. I also really like the Venetian tournament sets that I've seen and, while this may be unpopular, the South Point chips (minus the font). I decided to mock up two versions of a tournament set using a theme that I've always loved: The Palo Verde.

Now, I know that I've mocked up a LOT of chips, and I was never really sure how to use the Palo Verde theme properly, but looking at different tournament sets definitely got me headed in the direction that I wanted.

I like the lighter colors in these sets a lot. Using a black T100 seemed out of place against the other colors, which are all unweighted options from CPC. I'd be really happy to see an unweighted grey or black come out from CPC for this set as I'm not crazy about the brass flakes, but I can definitely live with it.

It would be some time before this set comes to fruition, and while I like both versions, I'm leaning towards the inlays with the gradient on them. However, I thought I'd set up a poll just for fun and see what you guys think.

Thank you all for constantly indulging my mock-ups. :)

s1MIznNl.png

5tcrxwel.png

If precise colour matching is important to you then I'd go with the gradient as the solid colour inlay will reveal the imperfect matching that much more.

Reactions: 72o
The gradient looks great. Maybe scale down the text on the inlay just a bit so it doesn’t cross into the darker section of the gradient?

Like these a lot... except for the all white insert pattern.
Even more so as I live on PaloVerde... but in TX !!!

I went with solid, though it would be interesting to see an example of the gradient if it didn't fade entirely in the center, just a bit lighter (combination of gradient and no gradient).

I think I may try something allowing the gradient to reach farther into the middle of the chip.

If precise colour matching is important to you then I'd go with the gradient as the solid colour inlay will reveal the imperfect matching that much more.

Precise color matching isn’t super important to me.

Just wondering if you've tried a reverse gradient? Start solid in the middle and go to white on the outside? And keeping the white edge spots?

I have. I like the idea in theory, but wasn’t crazy about it when I tried it.

I mocked these up with colored edge spots earlier today just to see how they might look. If I were to take these chips in a direction without white edge spots, this'd most likely be the route I'd go.

WPJAohgl.png

Last edited:
Since I've found out that it's possible to make semi-customs with the GPI/Gemaco chips, I think I would go this route with this inlay as it'd be more cost-effective than doing 418 spots from CPC. It's highly doubtful I would go this route, but I wanted to see what they might look like.

bD5gBpfl.png

Since I've found out that it's possible to make semi-customs with the GPI/Gemaco chips, I think I would go this route with this inlay as it'd be more cost-effective than doing 418 spots from CPC. It's highly doubtful I would go this route, but I wanted to see what they might look like.

bD5gBpfl.png
These look really nice with the white to color gradient. I'd maybe look at changing up the 100 as some of the label text gets lost with the dark color on the edge. Maybe a nonstandard 100 chip color?

These look really nice with the white to color gradient. I'd maybe look at changing up the 100 as some of the label text gets lost with the dark color on the edge. Maybe a nonstandard 100 chip color?

I was thinking about that too. I may put a thin, white stroke around the text so that it'll stand out a bit more. Either that or I could use the light blue as the T100 and use orange for the T5000.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom