The Official Vintage Action Figure and Toy Thread (1 Viewer)

Potsie1

Full House
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is for vintage toys and action figures.

20191206_131011.jpg

20191205_205950.jpg

Last edited:
What're the grades??? And is the black belt on the right Taiwan? Hard to tell the exact shade, but it looks like it could be HK!

The 80+ is HK and the 80 is Taiwan. Mid level grades. I also bought 55 really nice loose figures with all accessories. Will take pictures this weekend. Very excited about these. I used to have a decent moc collection with a boba fett and lily ledy yoda but ended up trading them for a slot machine. Stupid me.

Posting so I don't forget to post pics. I have toys but I'm a ToyNoob and don't collect. No idea values or if it's garbage. Hopefully after work I'll dig them out

I collect vintage SW as well. I think the pic below shows you what I focus on :) It's an older pic, but gives you the idea.

View attachment 376128
In the lot I purchased two Lukes with vintage sabers still with the tip. Look really clean. I bought 100 clam shells for the figures. What are the display stands you're using? It looks like you have some bootlegs in there as well.

In the lot I purchased two Lukes with vintage sabers still with the tip. Look really clean. I bought 100 clam shells for the figures. What are the display stands you're using? It looks like you have some bootlegs in there as well.
Love my bootlegs :) Have added about 7 more Polish and a couple more Hungarian.

I get all my acrylic from GW Acrylics. Prices below are for round, but they also have rectangular and ones that will take labels.
Prices in the US (including shipping)
20 - $12.50
50 - $24.00
100 - $43.00
200 - $75.00
300 - $105.00

Is Luke w/telescopic saber more expensive than Darth Vader or Obi Wan with telescoping light saber?
Luke's are FAR more common than Vader and Obi Wan. Luke's are about $1k-$1.5k. Vaders $8k-$10k, Obi Wan's up from there. And that's all loose!

Like the double telescoping at front.
That was my first :) I've added a few more since then. The baggie in the early bird set is a DT, the graded one is paired with an Engineering Pilot and the dome one is a pre-production prototype made with a type of translucent plastic they wound up not using. The display for that one was put together by the director of Plastic Galaxy.
IMG_2568.JPG

I remember my Vader with telescopic laser saber, but can't remember if it was the single or double telescopic one. I was 10 years old

I remember my Vader with telescopic laser saber, but can't remember if it was the single or double telescopic one. I was 10 years old
Just assume it was the single one. Most of them were, and then it won't haunt you that as a kid you chewed off the tip of a $10k figure :p

Love it :) I have the full 12” collection displayed in the living room and always take them down for kids to play with. That’s what they were made for!

Reactions: BNM
Dude! Killer! And love some of the variants in there, the small head Han and the brown snake yoda. What are your plans? Going to go for the full run?

Dude! Killer! And love some of the variants in there, the small head Han and the brown snake yoda. What are your plans? Going to go for the full run?
Haha I have no idea. I'm two weeks into doing this. If I have to narrow it down like you did I will stick with my favorite figures which are the hoth figures. A full run sounds good though. The best deals are on the loose figures in big lots so I'll build for a while like that.

Oh, that's just my focus. I also have a full run of loose figures and more vehicles than I have room to display, along with a bunch of other misc vintage goodies. But I love that classic Farmboy figure so I have a focus on that one. Primarily loose, but also hardbacks, baggies, foreign and bootlegs.

If you ever are interested in expanding your collection, let me know. I buy toy collections pretty regularly, keep the stuff I need, and sell off others to fund my hobbies. Could likely help fill in some gaps, or maybe trade vintage SW for chips! Always love a good trade...

Oh, that's just my focus. I also have a full run of loose figures and more vehicles than I have room to display, along with a bunch of other misc vintage goodies. But I love that classic Farmboy figure so I have a focus on that one. Primarily loose, but also hardbacks, baggies, foreign and bootlegs.

If you ever are interested in expanding your collection, let me know. I buy toy collections pretty regularly, keep the stuff I need, and sell off others to fund my hobbies. Could likely help fill in some gaps, or maybe trade vintage SW for chips! Always love a good trade...
Definitely can work something out. I'll connect via PM later.

Most definitely :) The only way you're getting an actual rocket firing one is through a Kenner employee. They never made it to market in any way.

There were some Lily Ledy (Mexican) Fetts that had a rocket that wasn't fixed in tho and could slide out easily. But no rocket firing mechanism.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom