The Official Unofficial Mixed Set Showcase Thread of PCF! (5 Viewers)

So what do you guys think......

Ended up getting two racks of these pca 25s...... they look pretty good..... stack heights kinda bother me though..... my oldschool chips are quite a bit thicker...... they actually dont even really fit in paulson racks...... pcas are mint but still quite a bit shorter....

View attachment 190774View attachment 190775
If I had those chips and that set, the chip height variance wouldn’t bother me a bit. Not worth it to get rid of the PCAs for thicker chips because they look too good with this set.

For hundos, I agree with @BGinGA , the Aztar MO Secondary $100 is a perfect match. I might have a barrel of interested. Not sure if you’d need more.

If I had those chips and that set, the chip height variance wouldn’t bother me a bit. Not worth it to get rid of the PCAs for thicker chips because they look too good with this set.

For hundos, I agree with @BGinGA , the Aztar MO Secondary $100 is a perfect match. I might have a barrel of interested. Not sure if you’d need more.

Got a rack of these babys coming in the mail...... I think they will look good..... wont be same height either and wont be as minty as the rest.

IMG_8221.JPG

Sounds like you are having an expensive week(end) :)

Set is awsome

I suppose I can now add to the thread too… Here's a couple:
RHC - Although not as mixed as I'd prefer. Need a different $25. (The $100s are really just for kicks… They'll surely never get in play.)
2wholeset.JPG

And a continuing work in progress:
THC - Will add a second rack of $1s and really hoping to change out the Empress $5s for Casablanca (pink) $5s. :whistle: :whistling:
Racked.JPG

All.JPG

SmallStack.JPG

Thats a pretty sweet set @colter ripton

I love each chip, although those 5s probably are my favourite.

and thanks for making me feel like I need to increase the size of my own sets now haha.

How do the 25s go with the 1s, any dirty stack issues?

That is one epic set. Will the snappers be relabeled as quarters?

Any thoughts on King Aruba Baccarat $100s to keep the 4D14?
image.jpeg

Yea relabel will happen at some point.

And yes I've thought about different hundos..... really like the colors on mine, but they are not as minty as the rest of the set.

When you say “just about” complete, what’s left? A barrel of $500’s to top it off? Great job pulling this together.

I have some more $100s coming and a barrel of $500s that goes with the set would be nice. But I'm still debating fracs. Keep these gold Fitz quarters that I'm borrowing from my buddy or keep searching for more gray Main Street Station quarters to get to a rack or go with something completely different like pink quarters.

I have some more $100s coming and a barrel of $500s that goes with the set would be nice. But I'm still debating fracs. Keep these gold Fitz quarters that I'm borrowing from my buddy or keep searching for more gray Main Street Station quarters to get to a rack or go with something completely different like pink quarters.

That's the beauty of the mixed set. Its never really complete.

What about these chips as quarters? But I only have 27 of them (only 20 pictured):

View media item 13211
They are for sale now.

If you have trouble finding the rack of Main Street quarters, another option is to keep the gold Fitz quarters and at some point swap out your $1s with mint PCA Secondary $1s. They’re easy to come by for a good price and the gold spot on the PCA $1 matches almost exactly to the Fitz quarter as well as the gold spot on both the Empress $5 and Eddies hundo. Also has a better matching lighter inlay.

If you have trouble finding the rack of Main Street quarters, another option is to keep the gold Fitz quarters and at some point swap out your $1s with mint PCA Secondary $1s. They’re easy to come by for a good price and the gold spot on the PCA $1 matches almost exactly to the Fitz quarter as well as the gold spot on both the Empress $5 and Eddies hundo. Also has a better matching lighter inlay.

I can do mixed sets but I don't think I can handle mixed molds within a set. The Rio $1 inlay actually works well with the Empress $5, picking up the red. I may consider swapping the Rio $1s out for Bally's $1s down the road but the Rio $1s work well even with the gold Fitz.

The tinkering is real!

I hated the idea of mixed sets before but it's actually really rewarding to put it together.

Yea seems like your set came together fast as well. Looks great.

The problem with red fracs is that they are going to clash with almost every red 5 you select.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom