The Official Unofficial Mixed Set Showcase Thread of PCF! (2 Viewers)

Just letting you guys know that I almost gave up buying quality chips. Too time consuming, too expensive....I mean how long am I gonna take to put together a good set. But then this thread hit me. So it is legal to mix up set. Now the possibilities are endless. I can even sell and replace one of the denominations if I m bored of it or come across a better one. Or mix up already mixed set!

I m gonna spend a lot of money and time on this... oh wait.

Just letting you guys know that I almost gave up buying quality chips. Too time consuming, too expensive....I mean how long am I gonna take to put together a good set. But then this thread hit me. So it is legal to mix up set. Now the possibilities are endless. I can even sell and replace one of the denominations if I m bored of it or come across a better one. Or mix up already mixed set!

I m gonna spend a lot of money and time on this... oh wait.

It's as much fun to hunt for the chips as it is to play with them. Only difference is hunting will always cost you money :)

I started putting together my Vegas house mold set over four years ago. Still looking for a select few chips

Well yes it’s money but they don’t seem to lose value and ima say that’s a good enough excuse haha

I notice mixed set often have a monochrome 25 cents... is this just a common choice people make or 25 cents chips are just often monochromatic?

I notice mixed set often have a monochrome 25 cents... is this just a common choice people make or 25 cents chips are just often monochromatic?

If you mean a single solid chip colour (no edge spots), then yes to both. Traditionally, fracs were solids (and often hot stamps, too). Some follow this tradition, others don't, when designing their progressions.

Bring your sunglasses out folks. It's bright as fu*k around these parts haha. Built this set over the last two-ish weeks. Got super lucky on some of the pieces. Had some very gracious members sell me chips at very reasonable prices. It's not a buyers market at the moment! Huge huge thank you to the 3 or so members who had a hand in helping me get all the pieces. You know who you are, and you are very appreciated.

About the set. I loved the Casa's and wanted to build around them. Since they are such a vibrant pink, I needed vibrant chips to surround them with. I wish I had a better option at the $1 spot, but bright blue leaded chips are unicorns. The set is basically complete, minus another rack of Casa's that will be with me pretty soon. I have a rack of Flamingo's that I tested in the lineup. They look fantastic, but I didn't like having two solids in the lineup that aren't fracs. It's also harder to find minty racks of Flamingo's and these strats are in amazing shape. I'm torn on the hundo.... I was thinking maybe Vineyard's to cap this off? Feel free to suggest some nice black hundo's that are minty and have bright edge spots. For now, I am happy to slot in my Bean Town Poker 45mm jetons until I can come up with another option that I really like. Hit me with your thoughts!

Bright Mixed Set Strats (1).JPG
Bright Mixed Set Strats (2).JPG
Bright Mixed Set Strats (3).JPG

Bring your sunglasses out folks. It's bright as fu*k around these parts haha. Built this set over the last two-ish weeks. Got super lucky on some of the pieces. Had some very gracious members sell me chips at very reasonable prices. It's not a buyers market at the moment! Huge huge thank you to the 3 or so members who had a hand in helping me get all the pieces. You know who you are, and you are very appreciated.

About the set. I loved the Casa's and wanted to build around them. Since they are such a vibrant pink, I needed vibrant chips to surround them with. I wish I had a better option at the $1 spot, but bright blue leaded chips are unicorns. The set is basically complete, minus another rack of Casa's that will be with me pretty soon. I have a rack of Flamingo's that I tested in the lineup. They look fantastic, but I didn't like having two solids in the lineup that aren't fracs. It's also harder to find minty racks of Flamingo's and these strats are in amazing shape. I'm torn on the hundo.... I was thinking maybe Vineyard's to cap this off? Feel free to suggest some nice black hundo's that are minty and have bright edge spots. For now, I am happy to slot in my Bean Town Poker 45mm jetons until I can come up with another option that I really like. Hit me with your thoughts!

View attachment 724096View attachment 724104View attachment 724111

>>Hit me with your thoughts!

I don't like this set at all.

pinocchio.gif

Always like Cripple Creek, went there anytime I had the urge. Went to Golden Eagle to get some chips, but
never made it to Colorado as Paulson had all of them and sold them all.

Is there much difference between the Jacks and older Paulsons? (weight / feel wise etc.)
It depends on who you ask. The difference is so small the 99% of the population wouldn’t even notice. But to many of us here, the difference is so significant that we’d happily pay 3x as much, or more.

It depends on who you ask. The difference is so small the 99% of the population wouldn’t even notice. But to many of us here, the difference is so significant that we’d happily pay 3x as much, or more.
Thanks mate, I'm trying to justify the price tag of some old Paulsons. I've almost convinced myself to take the plunge.

Is there much difference between the Jacks and older Paulsons? (weight / feel wise etc.)
I have to say there is.

I'm still a new chipper by all accounts other than my post count. I've got Jack's and older Paulsons...and the difference is quite noticeable for me. Chips with lead and more weight feel much different to me. The sound they make when a bet is made or a big raise is thrown into the pot, it makes a distinct noise.

As @upNdown points out, maybe most people won't notice. I'm an OCD type of chipper. I got into TRK and leaded chips as much as money has allowed me thus far.

I have playable sets of Jack's, TRKs, and leaded Paulsons, and all are very very different!

Happy Chipping!!!

@Jeevansluck WHAT CHIP FEELS AND SOUNDS THE BEST ? TRK OR PAULSON ?
Love it man! The question....

Directly talking about FEEL and SOUND...TRK wins for me brother!!!! Hands down!!!!

This chipping things is so subjective to varied opinions and tastes, but TRK wins for me.

If we talk about color and beauty, TRK maybe lacks a bit where Paulsons really shine a bit more. Again, so subjective to tastes and opinions. There are probably beautiful TRKs I don't even know about.

Love it man! The question....

Directly talking about FEEL and SOUND...TRK wins for me brother!!!! Hands down!!!!

This chipping things is so subjective to varied opinions and tastes, but TRK wins for me.

If we talk about color and beauty, TRK maybe lacks a bit where Paulsons really shine a bit more. Again, so subjective to tastes and opinions. There are probably beautiful TRKs I don't even know about.
Best sound TRK (The Right Knock) ;)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom