The Official Unofficial Mixed Set Showcase Thread of PCF! (7 Viewers)

Since I finally filled my fracs rack, I’m sharing my current almost perfect mixed set for my 6-8 handed $.25/.50 NLHE game. But first, I have a couple of thoughts for newbies who drool over all the other sets in this thread, like I do.

1) Size doesn’t matter.
Don’t feel inferior about the size of your set, unless your goal is, as a collector, to build the biggest, baddest set. My goal is to build the best set for my game, and here it is. If I start playing $1/$2, yeah, I’ll want to add on another three racks of reds and probably some bigger chips too. But for MY game, (I’ve never had more than $1100 on the table) this $1700 bank is perfect.

2) if it works for your game, it isn’t stupid.
Listen, $10 chips are stupid. I AGREE! But I happen to love these $10 chips - they’re local and quirky and awesome. And for my small game, I arguably don’t need any chips bigger than $5s anyway. So I’m great with these, for this game. If I were hosting $1/2, yeah I’d put these aside and use $20’s or $25s. But I’m not.

Point is, If your set is good for your game, show it off and be proud. You can be jealous of the guys with 8 racks of reds, but if they don’t own a second table, they’re all show. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that either!)

35264C10-E138-4C03-96D8-B0420E33D79B.jpeg

02BB7FC7-A208-4AA1-8CEA-B4D0E194FBE7.jpeg

Since I finally filled my fracs rack, I’m sharing my current almost perfect mixed set for my 6-8 handed $.25/.50 NLHE game. But first, I have a couple of thoughts for newbies who drool over all the other sets in this thread, like I do.

1) Size doesn’t matter.
Don’t feel inferior about the size of your set, unless your goal is, as a collector, to build the biggest, baddest set. My goal is to build the best set for my game, and here it is. If I start playing $1/$2, yeah, I’ll want to add on another three racks of reds and probably some bigger chips too. But for MY game, (I’ve never had more than $1100 on the table) this $1700 bank is perfect.

Listen, $10 chips are stupid. I AGREE! But I happen to love these $10 chips - they’re local and quirky and awesome. And for my small game, I arguably don’t need any chips bigger than $5s anyway. So I’m great with these, for this game. If I were hosting $1/2, yeah I’d put these aside and use $20’s or $25s. But I’m not.

Point is, If your set is good for your game, show it off and be proud. You can be jealous of the guys with 8 racks of reds, but if they don’t own a second table, they’re all show. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that either!)

View attachment 537954

View attachment 537955

I'm a big fan of that $10 chips personally, I love the bright green on darker green contrast. I'd snag those in a heartbeat if I could. Nice set man :D :tup:

Last edited:

1) Size doesn’t matter.

View attachment 537954

View attachment 537955

I don’t love the fact that the Happy Knights are a $10 but they look friggin great here.

Personally think a brighter frac would flow better in the set. Still, nice work:tup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom